My experiences with Ms. Sleevette (kinda long) 6 days post op

Johari22
on 4/5/11 7:17 am - San Antonio, TX

Hello to my OH friends! 

Scoot ova and let me get my seat on the LOSER's BENCH!!!! 

Dr. Patel is AWESOME!    I was sleeved on March 30, 2011 and went home the next day.  I was informed by my doctor that I would be able to return to work this past Monday, not, lol!  I went thru the process alone, no family or friends to hold my hand.  Nor have I told anyone about my surgery.  To be honest, it was kinda betta that way.  No one else to make me even more nervous.  I was told by the hospital staff that I could get copies of everything and will do so when I return to work.  Just curious as to what was done to me in my state of medically induced confusion.  I thought I was going to chicken out and run the hell outta there screaming to the top of my lungs, but I didn't.  I was turned into a human pin cushion upon my arrival at 7am.  At least the staff at the hospital were very nice and understanding.  I was o****il I was told to get undressed, lol!  Whew! ****pt telling myself, run gurl, run!) My OR Prep nurse was AWESOME! Nurse Jennifer kept me calm and I didn't even feel the IV.  I was given a pill to calm my nerves, which it did.  My OR nurse came in and spoke to me along with my Anesthesiologist. The last thing that I remember was being wheeled into the OR with two big ole flying saucer lights overhead.  I signed my papers at 12:15 and was in recovery opening my eyes at 1:15 or 2:15, I was high ok, lol!  If it wasn't for the bandaids, I would question my surgery, lol!  I still have pain in the larger incision on my right, and I have my pain meds (yeah) I have never felt any pain from the surgery only that bothersome incision on my right side.  I have been drinking ok, I guess, but still working on getting it all in.  My instructions are 80 grams of protein plus 64 oz of water for 3 weeks.  I had some slight pain from the gas and that was gone by the time I left the hospital, and it was very minimal.  I did have a sore throat though, and a few cough drops helped that along it way.  Well, I wasn't allowed to drink anything until after the clearance from X-RAY!  To be honest, I was very hungry.  But once I started drinking, I had to make myself drink.  I found that Propel was extremely sweet and was a no-no!  So far, plain water is working for me, but I am boarded already with this liquid diet, lol!  I was watching the foodnetwork channel in the hospital and the nurses kept asking me if I wanted to change the channel, I said NO, I that channel, watching it now, lol!   I also found that I can sip alot of liquids, so still not sure where my limit is, working on that one. Will attempt some walks outside this evening, if I can.  But am able to walk around in my apt ok.  Other than that, I'm doing fine.  I haven't got on the scales yet either, lol! I love the popsicles! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

justeric78
on 4/5/11 7:26 am - Houston, TX
Wow, congratulations. I really hope mine goes as smooth! Sounds like you are doing great.

Johari22
on 4/5/11 8:22 am - San Antonio, TX
Thanks justeric78!  Stay focused and positive, it will go just fine!

5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

sun_shyne39
on 4/5/11 8:23 am - NJ
I really enjoyed reading your story....I love the honesty and sense of humor:) I was initially supposed to have surgery on 4/11, but ran into some bumps in the road with my insurance company.  Its now a toss up between May 9 and 16th.  I have only told a couple of people (my parents) and think it's best that way too...well at least for my situation.  Glad to hear the feedback and keep up the good work!!!
sun_shyne39      
sunshinexoxo
on 4/5/11 8:37 am - MI
Congrats! Thanks for sharing and best of luck to a new you. I agree with the above poster, i hope my recovery goes well too.

Nadia
Sharon R.
on 4/5/11 9:53 am - VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Great post glad to read that your surgery went well. I hope my surgery is as smooth.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger
Height:  5.9   HW: 274  SW: 263
Sharon           

LynetteT
on 4/5/11 10:15 am - Gwinnett County, GA
Congrats Johari. Welcome to the bench.
HW:297-SW:278-CW-220-GW-150--http://www.youtube.com/user/sarahsmomma1

Jessica M.
on 4/5/11 10:28 am - San Antonio, TX
 I am a little disappointed that you didn't call me for help. I am here for you if you need anything at all. Congrats my friend! Jess
Johari22
on 4/5/11 11:07 am - San Antonio, TX
Hey Jess,
You know I thought about it but I remembered that your schedule was not a regular one.  Initially, a friend was going to come but she ended up getting a job, so I decided to just go alone.  Since my surgery was on a Wednesday morning, I didn't want to be a bother.  Thanks for the well wishes and am glad that you have a date!  Looking forward to moving over for you on the bench! Hopefully will be able to make the next meeting that you have as well

5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

Jessica M.
on 4/5/11 1:04 pm - San Antonio, TX
 WELL LIKE I SAID, CAR IS GOING INTO THE SHOP TOMORROW, AFTER IT IS FIXED I AM AT YOUR BECK AND CALL! JESS
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views