Dry heaving... Dumping... HELP!!

Romy J.
on 4/5/11 12:00 am - Spring, TX
OK... so my lil tum is sore today... I was feeling sick.. last night... after having a glass of MILK...

got sweaty... frustrated.. nauseated... and then.. the dreaded HEAVING...

I would assume that this is the dreaded Dumpind Syndrome.... i have seen posts about it.. but never entered into them... didnt think we had that effect... i see differently now... can anyone help....

OBVIOUSLY... stay away from sugar alcohol content... what else can you tell me???
263pre    249SW   218CW   220 short term goal!! 
Next GOAL...  199!!

faylavi
on 4/5/11 12:03 am - Laurel, MD
Are you lactose intolerant?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Romy J.
on 4/5/11 12:05 am - Spring, TX
well... i was.. dr said... keep trying... there was no reason to be this surgery doesnt re - route... so.... its not an effect... it might be an effect from surgery... so ive been able to tolerate milk better "no runs"  

so ....... ?
263pre    249SW   218CW   220 short term goal!! 
Next GOAL...  199!!

SchwartzFamly
on 4/5/11 12:24 am
It depends.  Some days things bother me, other times I'm fine.

I got all dizzy and sweaty from milk one day, the rest of the month, nada.

Had some brownie one nite at church.  Ate too fast (game with the kiddos..do NOT recomend) and got dizzy, but had one a different time and perfectly okay.

Just go slow on things with a lot of sugar or alcohol.  Too much too fast seems to be what sets me off.  Give your little tummy time to deal with it.
 I'm 6' tall and 41 years old

MrsClaus09
on 4/5/11 1:18 am
I would likely think that this was the result of either drinking too fast or an intolerance to lactose.  Dumping symdrome, TRUE dumping syndrome is a horse of a different color....a complete beast of it's own.  When you are ready to dial 911 and/or praying for death....THAT's dumping syndrome. 
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
May D.
on 4/5/11 2:06 am
Dumping doesn't occur very often (if at all) for those who had VSG.  For RnY'ers it happens when they consume sugar, alcohol or white flour, because their food is re-routed down through their large intestine, it doesn't quite handle it very well and causes them to (TMI HERE) run to the bathroom to literally dump or (It comes out the backside darling!).

You either ate something that didn't agree with you or you may be lactose intolerant.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views