Busy day!!!! NSV

Tracey W.
on 4/6/11 10:14 am
As some here may know, my knees are trashed. I haven't "done" stairs in years. At my highest weight, even 2 or 3 stairs were out of the question.

I can't believe how much I was able to get done yesterday!!!!

I had to get up early, drive to my son's boarding school (45 min away), pick him up...that's up one small staircase, bring him to a new school (another 30-40 min), I got him all signed in and HELPED him bring bring his things in to his dorm... up and down 4 stairs, twice. THEN, I drove to my preop lifestyle changes class (another 40 min) and found out the the class was on the lower level...with no elevator. I sat and thought about dropping the class, getting a refund, what could I do to learn what I needed to??? Then I had a tiny bit of courage and told the receptionist that I'd try the stairs. I DID IT!!!!! Going down was pretty easy, coming back up after class was NO PROBLEM!! Even though I'd done more stairs and walking than I have in 8 years!!!!  I was even able to talk while I was walking up the last stairs!!
Today, I wasn't in pain, I was able to do all of my errands without any added pain. I am so flippin' psyched!!!
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
mylastchance
on 4/6/11 11:00 am
Good for you and it will only get better.  I am so happy you did not give up and drop the class.  Keep up the great work.

You have worked hard and you deserve to be flippin psyched!!!!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

sleeve genie
on 4/6/11 12:16 pm - Alhambra, CA
That's so cool.   I could hardly walk before my surgery,  Arthritis in my hip caused horrible leg pain but after losing the first 30lbs or so my pain is gone.   Good for you, i'm so proud of you :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Lisa D.
on 4/6/11 1:41 pm - New Orleans, LA

What a great start on your journey!!   As you keep losing you will come across things that in your mind you think you can't do now because you couldn't before.  But just like those stairs today, you will try it and see that new things are available to you every day.  This is a great day!

I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active