anyone that did all liquid diet pre-op

crystal W.
on 4/6/11 10:24 am - east liverpool, OH
please let me know what you used.  I was going to try the master cleanse with the lemons, maple syrup and cayenne pepper, but,  I didn't get grade b syrup, I got bottled juice instead of fresh lemons, and iodized sea salt.  Apparently, these are all no-no's, so I thought maybe I would just try to do all protein shakes. 

I put a scoop of unflavored protein powder in 8oz of fat free chicken broth with cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder and celery flakes and drank that for dinner.  I usually have a mocha protein shake for breakfast and I figure if I keep drinking the broth for lunch and dinner that I might be able to lose some significant weight quickly.

Can anyone offer any other suggestions/advice?

Thanks

Crystal
sleeve genie
on 4/6/11 10:40 am - Alhambra, CA
I did a 14 day liquid diet and lost 18lbs.  Full liquids were tea/coffee  juice watered down, v8  broth  cream soups, yogur****er,   popsicles   i ate a  lot of soup,  i  loved the tomato and red pepper from Trader Joes.   The first 3 days were the hardest after that not so bad,  oh and protein shakes,  can't remember anything else right now   good luck  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

foodlover
on 4/6/11 10:51 am
I had a lot of atkins shakes.  they were the only kind with enough protein to keep me full.  15grams
2win4me
on 4/6/11 10:56 am
I did alot of broth, sf jello, propel water, and I used the Gold Whey Protien.  The Strawberry Banana is very good.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
wildfan
on 4/6/11 11:04 am
 I started liquid Mar 21, and surgery is next Tuesday.  I usually do GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 for breakfast aroun d 6:30am (I usually do 2 scoops/40 grams as a full 60 is a litle heavy), Unjury chicken soup around 9:30, then either a Chobani yogurt or a glass of milk with either Carnation Instant Breakfast or Unjury vanilla for lunch, Syntrax Nectar Roadside lemonade for afternoon snack around 2:30, then a cream soup for dinner around 5:30, then an EAS AdvantEdge carb Control or Muscle Milk Light for evening snack.  This totals around 900-1,00 calories, less than 10g fat, and around 120-130 g of protein.  And I rarely get hungry.

I just found something else too.  I think it was G2 Gatorade.  there is a version that has protein.  A full 16 oz bottle has only 130 calories and 16 g of protein.

Could_It_Be
on 4/6/11 11:09 am
 OP I'm curious why would you do the master cleanse before major surgery?
crystal W.
on 4/6/11 11:50 am - east liverpool, OH
Thanks everyone.  I thought doing the cleanse would make the loss much faster, but I'll probably just do the shakes and soups.  The bariatric nurse said she is hesitant to submit to the ins co since I gained during 2 of my 3 month supervised diet months.  I'm actually 11 lbs heavier now than in Jan when I first consulted with them about revising. 

So, I am now desperately trying to lose enough that she will be confident in sending for an approval.   I really want to submit this month. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that this works!
Could_It_Be
on 4/6/11 11:55 am
 These insurance companies have it backwards. I mean, if we could successfully lose on a supervised diet, WE WOULD NOT NEED SURGERY!

It makes me so mad!

Good luck!
jbskaggs
on 4/6/11 12:25 pm, edited 4/6/11 12:25 pm - holt, MO
 I did  water only for fourteen days with a high protien no carb meal every four days.  

JB

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/11 12:27 pm - OH
I have a sister that was sleeved, I will have mine soon.  She used from Amazon.com the" Click protein shakes", it was the Vanilla latte!! she loves it and actually I have two other sisters that drink  the Click protein shakes and they love them.  That is what I ordered for when I have to start drinking my liquids starting in about 2weeks.  Good luck in your journey!!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 40 views