I gotta question gall bladder & Sleeve surgery recovery

BigCaliSmile
on 4/6/11 11:55 am - La Puente, CA
when i had my sleeve geez my doctor was pretty flexible compared to others on here i noticed. Initally I had lost 16 pounds the first week now ive gained 2 pounds I am wondering if that sounds about right No I am not starving myself I drink my dreadful protein mix daily and eat softies Yea... I know I am starting my 3rd week but could this be because of that two procedures? In my head I am hoping to lose 10 more..by the end of the month. I am also walking daily since sunday a half hour at a snal pace but im doing it.

Dont mean to whine...
Just wondering if someone been there experienced that?
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
BigCaliSmile
on 4/6/11 12:18 pm - La Puente, CA
I guess I am either whinning or as usual during my obese life No one can relate to me..........I keep saying slow and steady wins the race.When you see the big numbers for everyone else but yourself at times I feel again like the square peg...This too shall pass since this surgery emotionally I feel that is healing slowly
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
thisbe777
on 4/6/11 12:21 pm
yeah, just about everybody here....  right around week 3....  you're normal - relax and don't worry about it... this stall will pass

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

cleckman
on 4/6/11 12:22 pm
I know it helps to know what happen to others but everyone is so different in how we recover and how we lose weight that you can drive yourself crazy with the comparisons. However, I lost about quickly the first 2-3 weeks and then had emergency gallbladder removal and held steady for a couple of weeks and then lost again....this seems to be my pattern, although I am losing much slower now.

Soon you'll know you're weight lose pattern.

All the best, Cathy
HW 298.8 Surgery W 242.5 CW 152 GW 164Surgery Date 10/25/10!!!                   

stephf
on 4/6/11 1:15 pm - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
The three week stall, my theory on this is due to our bodys adjusting to softees since we lost the weight faster while on liquids, because with liquds there isnt much calories to burn, now that we hit the 3 weeks with more softee intake our bodies tries adjust to the calorie intake.

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views