5 month update

byebyeburden
on 4/8/11 3:17 am
Today marks 5 months since surgery.  It is hard to believe 5 months have already gone by.  I hope by 6 months I am ready to share some progress pictures.  I am nervous too, as I can tell weight loss has slowed down....will the next 6 months be painfully slow?

What else?  I feel better with each week; but I am far from healed.  I see I still compare myself and my progress with others.  I know if given the perfect storm, I probably could eat a dozen cookies.  But, I look better, I walk better, I feel better.  I know it will take time to feel comfortable in these 'new shoes' ---I just hope I can get down farther. 

The good:
- I bought size 16 pants, and every pair I tried fit
- I am almost under 190
- I am walking and working out more (it is sad to think of how sedentary I was)
- I am 'just under' the 1/2 to goal mark
- I am still constipated but not as bad!

The bad:
- I want to be thinner, feel more normal...I compare myself to others
- My hair is still falling out
- I don't drink enough water
- I am bad with my vitamins (but have gotten better) but still bad

Good luck to everyone else on their journey.
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

debk21
on 4/8/11 3:31 am - Mansfield, TX
Oh Honey!  I'm right there with you on your good/bad comments...It is an amazing journey and takes a lot of adjustments.  I think you're doing great and the weight will keep coming off if you continue to follow your plan and avoid "perfect storms"...Keep up the good work!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

lindym
on 4/8/11 3:33 am - Canada
VSG on 04/12/11 with
I know it doesn't seem like it, but from my perspective it sounds like your doing just great. I know it's hard not to compare but remember the old saying "slow and steady finishes the race". I have my surgery next Tuesday and I started my pre-op diet at 253, so looks like we are close in are weight and I can't tell how happy I will be when the scale dips below 200lbs. If it takes me a year or even more I'm ok with that...hope you can find your happy place...you've accomplished so much, keep it up, your an inspiration!
Momof2Sweeties
on 4/8/11 3:37 am - NJ
I appreciate your honesty...I am sure we all have our moments..congrats on your success so far..

Shannon

Kelley_S
on 4/8/11 3:53 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
I had surgery about a week after you, and my surgery weight was 257. If you want to compare, you've lost more than me, got to onederland before me, and are doing fantastic! and let me tell you honey, i am working my ASS off. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and work out really hard.

Stop comparing yourself to others (easier said than done) and just compare the new you to the old you and look how far you've come!

Lori B.
on 4/8/11 5:00 am
Emily,

First off, congrats on your success! You really are doing fantastic!

Also, dont worry, your hair loss should start slowing down soon.

Up the water and you'll notice a difference. Keep working out BEFORE the loss slows more. Build the muscle now while you can.

Stop comparing! It will only drive you crazy and hinder you.
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
Most Active