vets and newly sleeved

monny2400
on 4/10/11 9:37 am - Hammond, LA
Hello all,
I'm newly sleeved and getting used to the new me...yeaaah.. I was wondering when everyone out there started feeling "back to normal" so to speak after surgery and what your weight loss numbers were like week to week? Right now my energy level is kinda low, I haven't  lost much (about 5lbs) and I guess I'm needing a little encouragement....Thanks everyone
loser429
on 4/10/11 9:49 am
I am feeling pretty normal today.  It has been 2 weeks 2days and I got a lot done today.  Seems like I have a energetic day and then a need to go a little easier the next day.  You are only 5 days out and still have a lot of extra fluid from surgery.  It will start coming off faster soon.

I have had a lot of issues getting back into the swing of sleeping right.  Keep waking up at night and for the first week, I got up at 1 am every night and couldn't go back to sleep.  Woke up this morning at 4 am had some jellow and was able to go back to sleep until 8.  Normally can't go back to sleep so this is probably why I had more energy.  Give it a few more days and remember to get your protein in, that  makes a big difference.

Mary K.

Mary's trying to get healthy:

happyjumpy
on 4/10/11 9:50 am - santa barbara, CA
it took me about a month to feel mostly back to normal and a few months to feel fully back to normal. the weight loss jumped but the overall grid went down over time.
VSG 5/17/10 HW 298 GW 145 CW 143
Kathie 

‎"Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself." Anais Nin  
jmart76
on 4/10/11 9:59 am
 Hey, don't be too hard on yourself. We all recover from surgery a little different. Some of us have more pain and nausea then others and some can walk a mile in less then a week. You have to listen to your body and know what feels right for you. I think your weight loss sounds terrific. I had surgery around the time you did and my recovery was good and my weight loss since surgery is also 5 pounds. Everyday I walk a little more and it gets easier to swallow. Good luck in your continued weight loss. Your off to a good start. 

Ht 5'6 
Surgery Date: April 6, 2011
Wt at surgery was 232

Tawni F.
on 4/10/11 9:59 am - TX
 5 pounds is great!!  Thats a pound a day.  I was sleeved the same day as you were, i dont know how much weight I have lost since surgery but I have lost 25 pounds total since the start.  Today has been rough for me because I have had a little depression and some family issues going on plus a little pms as well.......My energy level is low too but we will get there just hold your head up and let your body heal....Best of luck!

catwalker
on 4/10/11 10:03 am - Buna, TX
5 lbs is great!!! We all lose differently so try not to compare yourself, just focus on getting well and getting fluids and protein.Plus alot of people gain at first after IV fluids being pumped in them. I think I lost 18 in the first month. You re going to do great!!!!!
Jenn H.
on 4/10/11 10:57 am - Portland, OR
 I'm 2.5 weeks out and I'm probably at 60% and hoping to be back to whatever my new normal is by a month. So far I've lost about a pound a day.

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

KKnLex
on 4/10/11 11:17 am
 Ive felt normal ever since 2 weeks after my surgery have no problem with energy whatsoever and NEVER been happier! lost almost 80 pounds and its been so easy for me! Good luck dont get discouraged!
monny2400
on 4/11/11 8:00 am - Hammond, LA

THANKS EVERYONE!!! THE ENCOURAGEMENT REALLY HELPED MY POST OP IS TOMORROW AND I GUESS I AM A LIL NERVOUS ABOUT THAT AS WELL. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE

one hoop at a time     
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views