Unashamed NSV

Tracey W.
on 4/15/11 2:49 pm
I wrote an article about my son's problems with school and how the system deals with kids that don't fit the norm. I submitted it to the 4 main newspapers in the state. It was printed in one paper that first week. I emailed reminders to the editors of the others. Just to make sure that they really read it and that I really thought people's eyes would be opened about the problem.
The second paper contacted me this week and let me know that they were going to run it as a "Guest Commentary" in this Sunday's issue!! He wanted a head shot with it. My first panic was that I didn't want people to see me. Then, I remembered that after losing so much weight this year, it was ok. I sent him my new favorite pic of myself and I don't even feel embarrassed about it!!
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
sleeve genie
on 4/15/11 2:56 pm - Alhambra, CA
That's a wonderful NSV,  for you and your son and kids in general.   Being a kid is way harder than it should be or used to be.   They have so much more to deal with at an ealy age.   Good for you :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

erin S.
on 4/15/11 9:03 pm
That is awesome! Isn't it great to not worry about how you look in pictures as much anymore?

And GOOD job on getting published in the paper!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views