I don't feel good

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 9:21 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I agree. My local ER doesn't have a bariatrics division, so I went to the hospital where I had the surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 9:12 am
I second the get yourself seen asap by someone, your Dr or if not avail- ER.. You sound like you are very dehydrated.. When did this start? Did you tolerate the liquid phase ok? You may have an irritated stomach lining and may need to take a step back- once you get fluids in you again.. do not mess with dehydration, call your Drs office again- if that gets you no where- go to the hospital for some IV fluids.. then contact your Dr about your sore stomach!
momokc
on 4/20/11 10:48 am, edited 4/20/11 10:48 am
 defintely go to the hospital where you had your surgery! Call your doctor and tell him/her that you are going there.  One of my coworkers has a sister that got sick new year's eve and went to the nearest ER and once they found out she was a bariactric patient, they told her they couldn't treat her and sent her home telling her to call her surgeon who did her surgery. She did and then went to the hospital where she had her surgery.  She stayed in the hosptial for 7 days due to dehydration and something else.  GO NOW!  DON'T WAIT ANY LONGER!  YOU CAN DIE FROM DEHYDRATION AND IF IT IS SOMETHING ELSE, at least you will get the doctor to check you out!!  HAVE SOMEONE GO WITH YOU!!  DO NOT GO ALONE!

Love you, 
Granny

maxcat
on 4/20/11 11:52 am - Philly Burbs, PA
 I had to go to the hospital about 2 weeks after surgery, My hospital is 1 hour away and thats where I went because they have all my records of surgery and could speak directly with my surgeon, go to where you had surgery for sure. Good luck and let us know how you are. I have read some of your symptoms maybe galbladder related. Just a guess. GO NOW!

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/11 2:58 am
Are you OK honey?  We have not heard from you in a few days.  We hope your OK.....
skinnymeforever
on 4/23/11 7:14 am - AZ
Thank you for your input and concern. I've been an inpatient at the Sc ottsdale Hospital (hospital where my surgery was done).  I was severely dehydrated and my potassium levels were in the danger zone (250).  I had a CAT scan and there was no leak.  The next day, I had a ECG which showed that I have some ulcers. I was on IV drip for all of this and they took me off and sent me home with a whole bunch of meds.  I am in severe ketosis so my mouth tastes like a sour ball. It's hard to drink anything because it makes the drink taste that bad too. I'm having a lot of trouble keeping my water down. Now I wished they had worked on this at the hospital.  I find that if I sip really slowly, I can keep it down. But, How will I possibly keep from dehydrating again at this rate? I've tried a million different flavors.

All I can do is cry.  My husband is very concerned and his way of helping is reminding me to drink.  I know this but he doesn't understand why it's so hard.

I'm so afraid of landing in the hospital again. I must get this figured out. I gotta get my water in.

Again, thank you all for your messages. I probably would have put the hospital off another week or so if ya'll hadn't told me to go. Thank you so much.

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/11 7:35 am
I was looking for a post from you! Glad you went in and got IV's and checked!

As far as the water.. it literally is a full time job (for me at least, right now) sipping.. sipping all day long. Just aim for at least an ounce or two every 15 mins while you are awake (yes, it may take the entire time to get that 2 oz down..) Use medicine cups if you need to.. suck on ice chips.. anything you can tolerate to get fluids in you for now.
emelar
on 4/23/11 8:00 am - TX
Good news that there's no leak.

On the drinking, pull out a teaspoon and feed yourself a spoonful as often as you can.  It doesn't sound like much, but if you keep doing it, it all adds up.  If you haven't already, try different temperatures for your drinking and see if that helps.  And, yes, try popsicles, fudgesicles and whatever else your docs have cleared you for.
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 2:04 am
I'm so glad you checked in.  I'm really glad you didn't have a leak!!  Great job getting yourself to the hosp.

Abou****er, yes, it's a full time job.  I could not not drink cold liquids until I was around 4 months out.  I had to drink ho****er in a coffee cup all day.  If cold liquids feel bad, try hot.  It worked for me.

I'm still having trouble getting my liquids in and have resigned myself to wearing a "camel back" all day so that I can sip sip sip...this was my husband's idea, and it's agood one.

((((((hugs))))))  you've been through a lot.  Hang in there sweetie.
Most Active