Well!!!

shantele7824
on 4/21/11 12:50 pm - SAN PABLO, CA
Today was my first of 2 pre-op meetings before my surgery and everything went well.  In Feb my surgeon asked me to loss 20 pounds in order to get a date and today when I met with him I lost 30 pounds.  That was great I had no clue because I dont weigh myself and since monday I have lost 7 more pounds.  Ok my surgeon will be using a 36 bogie size on me, which from reading other posts sounds good.  The not so good news I got was they want me to go all liquids until my day of surgery I totally wasn't ready for this and don't know how I feel yet about this news.  Other than that I am ready for MAY 3rd.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

sleeve genie
on 4/21/11 12:53 pm - Alhambra, CA
That's great news,  you can do it,  most of us have to.  They want no carbs so your liver isn't all slippery.  Its right there by the tummy and they have to hold it out of the way,  if its all slippery from carbs it can get in the way and be damaged.   I know you don't want that.   So just remember why you are doing it and you're that much closer to being the proud owner of a nice new tiny tummy :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

tlb7676
on 4/21/11 12:57 pm - GA
Wooohooo you can do your surgery date alone is a lot of motivation just keep that for front of all your thoughts when it gets hard
Lady T            
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 1:56 pm
VSG on 03/14/11 with
You can do this!!! Congrats!!!!
shantele7824
on 4/21/11 2:00 pm - SAN PABLO, CA
thanks ladies for the responses I can and will be doing it I have a goal to obtain and I am ready to get losing, lol
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

_Nikki_
on 4/21/11 3:55 pm
You've already lost 30 !! That's great news !! You got this Mama !! Find restaurants that have soups and ask for broth only, there's some pretty good ones out there !! Plenty of room here on the loser's bench !!
_Nikki_ 

Most Active