Hair Loss ?

alicia601
on 4/21/11 11:27 pm - NY
Just wondering if EVERYONE loses hair due to the weight loss ? I know many people do, but is there anyone that actually hasnt lost their hair during their journeys ?

freyke
on 4/21/11 11:33 pm - VA
Not yet, surgury on 13 Dec 10...

quintons_mommy200

on 4/22/11 12:13 am
I just went to education day yesterday.. and they basically told us that if you eat per their instructions and take your vitamins you should be ok..

I can also tell you that I've lost 100 pounds on my own in 1 year and that I didn't lose any hair. I realize that you eat differently after surgery.. so the vitamin part becomes really important, but the point is you can lose a lot of weight without losing hair if you're getting in enough nutrients.

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/11 1:31 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Link below to Carmelita's page.  Great write up on hair loss.  Odds are that most people lose hair  (some more than others - some less) - it's not just about nutrition and protein, but also your body going thru surgery, anestesia, etc.  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog_page,3/
emelar
on 4/22/11 1:39 am - TX
No, not everyone loses hair, but most people do.  And it doesn't seem to matter whether you do everything you're suppose to (proteins, vitamins, etc.) or not.  It's a roll of the dice. 

I thought I was one of the lucky ones until a month ago.  Not coming out in clumps, but in a light shed.  Sigh.  I'm not happy about it, but it's a minor problem in the big scheme of things.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views