An Annoyance

kimberly_gr
on 4/26/11 9:24 am
Why do people keep asking me repeatedly how much weight I've lost? Random people at work ask me about every 3-4 weeks how much weight I've lost so far.

This is especially frustrating to me since I had been on about a 2 week stall until I got on the scale this morning.  I try to tell them that on average I lose 1-2 lbs a week.  Just do the math and quit asking me for pete's sake.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 9:44 am
It gets frustrating.  To me, that is a very personal question.  The only time I don't mind being asked how much I have lost is when someone is contemplating getting sleeved and it will help them to know. 

I think your answer of 1-2 pounds a week is a good one.  If they can't figure it out, maybe show them where the calculator is on their computer???  LOL!

Would they go up to a person who just got a cochlear implant and ask, "How's that hearing going??? Heard anything interesting lately???"
kimberly_gr
on 4/26/11 10:56 am
Love your analogy. So true.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

jenfreakintastic
on 4/26/11 9:47 am
I am in the same boat! It does get annoying but I have to think to myself..."its a good thing, Im losing weight and looking goood!" but sometimes people need to just SHUSH! lol
Weight lost with VSG surgery:

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone." -Reba McEntire

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers     
kimberly_gr
on 4/26/11 10:58 am
Yes. I think in some ways it makes me more neurotic.
Kim
5'0"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views