OT: dating life

Kelley_S
on 4/26/11 4:21 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
I'm passing some time at work and decided that you all might be mildly entertained by my latest dating story.

I went out with a guy on Sunday night and brought one of my friends along. He brought one of his friends along too. I wasn't interested in either one of these guys, but decided to stay for a couple of drinks. When I went inside to the restroom, the guy's friend came inside and hit on me. I went back outside and told the guy I had met before about it, and I, perhaps a little naively, thought that he would just laugh about it and it wasn't a big deal. It's not like I was interested in pursuing anything. But nooooooo, the friend came back outside, and the guy BLEW UP at him. They basically sat there and fought over me (NSV? haha) while I sat there and felt super awkward and tried to figure out how I could get out of there ASAP. I finally left, but not after these two guys cancelled their upcoming vacation with each other and ended their friendship. WEIRDOS!

You people who don't have to deal with dating are so so lucky. The only good thing it provides is great storytelling afterwards.

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 4:23 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Yes, but we old married peeps can live vicariously thru you young, single ones!  LOL

And I'd def call that an NSV!!!!  You go, girl!
koverturf
on 4/26/11 4:42 am - CA
I feel your pain I had something like that happen to me when I was dating my ex-husband. But I do find that trying to date in this world you either get the weirdos or the losers! LOL It is sad to say but totally true. I am hoping somewhere down the line I will find the right guy.

Don't give up on dating just because of a couple of weirdos! LOL

faylavi
on 4/26/11 4:37 am - Laurel, MD
 Now thats a NSV!!!!  I agree dating sucks.  Almost makes me question why I divorced my ex-husband...almost!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

thisbe777
on 4/26/11 4:42 am
looks like the dating pool is still in sad need of some chlorine.....   so glad i don't have to deal with that anymore!!!!

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Babynesh05
on 4/26/11 4:52 am - Germany
 As the other person says I live vicariously through you... HAHAHA

evevn being Married and being hit on has its stories to tell these men latley are a trip..LOL

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

jbskaggs
on 4/26/11 5:03 am - holt, MO
 I bet this wasn't the first time this guy has gone after one of his friend's dates.

That is so crude and selfish of the guy who followed you.  If he followed you into the actual restroom he sounds like a pervert.  While I sympathize with the guy being angry, to blow up in public like that shows a lack of self control.

You lucky to have found this out so soon.

Kelley_S
on 4/26/11 5:13 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
not into the actual restroom, but the inside of the restaurant, so that when I came out, he was standing there about to go into the men's room.

Kelley_S
on 4/26/11 5:12 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
oh, and one of the best parts is that the guy with the obvious anger issues sent me a SCATHING email this morning calling me a "dirty party girl" and "low life" and lots of other various lovely things because now he somehow has it in his head that I was trying to hook up with his friend behind his back. I'm not replying because I don't want to add fuel to this ridiculous situation.

Do I really have to do this whole dating circus to find a good guy? Can't one just fall into my lap?

jbskaggs
on 4/26/11 5:50 am - holt, MO
 I dated to find my first wife and it was a disaster.  It ended in a messy divorce and damaged kids and a destroyed ministry.

So I never went on the dating scene again.  I just stepped away from it.

Fast forward a year:

My second wife and I met working together and we were friends for a year before we decided to get engaged.  I proposed to her before we had ever dated.  Since then we have had one of the greatest marriages I know of for the past eleven years.  The reason why is that we were good friends before we were lovers.  So that our friendship continues to grow even when the romance goes up and down.

There is somebody out there that God has made just for you, that can and will complete you as you complete him.  The problem is that our preconceptions of what makes a great spouse, friend, and lover sometimes blinds us to what we really need.

So yes a great guy could just fall into your lap.  The question is are going to be able to catch him?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views