2 years 6 months!

Emily_Rose
on 4/28/11 12:20 am - Fort Worth, TX
Wow it has been 2.5 years already!  I cant believe it!  Life has been a little crazy for me thae past 6 months and I have not been on much.  My husband was out of work for 5 months and we almost moved to the Middle East.  When he was home he kept the house stocked with junk food so I went up a couple of pounds, NOT good :-(  I am at 137 right now and I need to stay under 135 so I am taking all sugar out of my diet again so that it will drop back off.  I had added some back in because I was dropping below my 130 mark and i dont like my body that thin.  BUT with the extra few pounds I need to get off all the sugar because this little bit of extra has to go.  My 4s are snug but 6s are still too big but i refuse to gian enough to get out of the 4s!  I am not worried because the great tool I have in the sleeve makes it very possible and doable.
As for restriction, I can eat quite a bit more than I could 6 months out, I would think about 50% more than then.  I am happy with this amount because as long as my choices stay good it is easy to maintain my weight but enjoy eating a small meal.  I usually split a meal at restraunts and take about 1/4 to 1/3 of the plate depending on how much the particular restraunts serves.  Eating out with my husband is easier because he knows the signs that I am getting full and will pull my plate away when I am ignoring the signals before I can become uncomfortable.  He also helps by moving any chips or bread out of my reach LOL, he knows how weak I can be and when I eat any of that stuff I cant fit my food!
I am moving to Pearland TX and an apartment where I will have a pool, lake, workout center, etc so this summer should be great for moving around!  I want to get into better shape so plan to get back on the weights and want to see if there are some Zumba classes nearby since I have heard that they are a lot of fun.  Once I am working out it is a fine line that I have to walk becuse I dont want to go under 130 but I guess that  is a bridge.I will cross when I get there. 
I will check back in soon hopefully to tell you that I am back where I want to be, say a prayer that the sugar withdrawals are not too severe!

Margo N.
on 4/28/11 12:25 am
Great to hear from you Emily! Sounds like you are doing really well, despite the recent stress. You've been an inspiration to me since I started this process - so a BIG thanks for posting the update!!! XOX, Margo
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Emily_Rose
on 4/28/11 12:53 am - Fort Worth, TX
I feel bad that I am not on here more but when DH was out of work I spent all my time sending out resumes!  I will try to be a good girl and check in more often :-)

Glad my journey has helped others this is a trip I would never have wanted to miss!!
FaithForward
on 4/28/11 12:32 am - Houston, TX
What an inspiration you are to others. I am in Houston, very close to Pearland. My YMCA has Zumba classes. Most of the Y's do and I'm sure you could find a class close by you in Pearland.

My husband has been out of work for some time and I understand the stress that comes along with it.

If you would like, I would enjoy touching base once you get to Pearland. It is nice to have friends that understand your journey!!
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

Emily_Rose
on 4/28/11 12:52 am - Fort Worth, TX
it would be great to have a sleeve sister in TX!  I am moving once the kids finish school at the end of next month.  Going this weekend to see DH since he has been gone so much and bring some decor to the apt.  PM me and I will send you my digits :-D

Kim_M
on 4/28/11 1:18 am - LaPorte, TX
You will love Pearland!!I am right down the road.We play well, that is my daughter plays softball there alot I watch lol. It is a great little town.

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Carmelita
on 4/28/11 12:34 am - Four Corners, NM
Emily_Rose
on 4/28/11 12:55 am - Fort Worth, TX

Thanks, i look at pics and think I dont look like myself anymore LOLOL
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 12:39 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Hey girlie!  I am praying you up for smooth no sugar sailing!  it is good to see your face!!
Emily_Rose
on 4/28/11 1:15 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks it is good to see everyone here!
Most Active