6 month Surgiversary post (somewhat long) might be TMI!!

WV_Loser
on 4/28/11 12:48 am
Hi everyone!

Well I made it to my 6 month mark 1/2 a year down!! (YAY!!!)
It has been an experience to say the least (lol), I have had a pretty decent ride so far, no major complications.

But I have had some moments, in the beginning I had Diarhea everyday, that finally stopped, my 3rd week after surgery I developed extreme pain in my right side and back (I was doing to much and my stomach muscles that were cut to allow access to the surgery site were protesting) It cleared up within a week with heating pads and Rapid release Tylenol. (and Rest)

Around my 3rd-4th month I got a really bad Hemmeroid problem and I'm talking BAD!!! Had to go to the emergency room and they gave me steroid shots in the hemmeroid (OH CRAP!!!) That sucker hurt!! The steroid shot gave me about a 5 hour window of releif before the pain was back.....I basically had to ride it out and it finally went away about 1 1/2 weeks later. (Lots of Prep H, Sits baths and a donut cushion) still have them every now and then but not as bad as that one!!.....I try to eat more fiber (I eat a  hand full of dry roasted peanuts every other day or so, it seems to help!!)

I have found that foods do not taste as good to me as they once did, and they don't sit on my tummy very well. Most of the time I feel a hollow feeling in my stomach (I know this is when I need to drink more fluids) But I still get sharp pains when I drink fluids (?) I have found the colder the better it is to drink without having discomfort. I do not drink ANYTHING with carbonation in it!! (Stomach can't handle it)

I am still woking on getting 64oz of fluids a day, I still drink a Protein shake for breakfast just to get my day off on a positive footing. I try to eat protein at every meal and I LOVE beef jerky!! It is my go to food if I don't feel like eating I just grab a few peices of Jerky and a couple crackers.

I take my B-12 sublingual everyday as well as a Prenatal Vitamin, Biotin, Iron and Calcium.

I have found I have more energy, no Sleep Apnea, Last time I saw my Family Doctor my Lab work came back excellent, Low Cholesterol, Blood Sugars were good....no more Border line Diabetes and no more threats of being put on Cholesterol Medications and my Blood pressure was in a healthy range.

I do not regret having the Sleeve Surgery, I believe it saved me and gave me back my life!!

God Bless!

Angela

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. Benjamin Mays

skinimini
on 4/28/11 3:19 am
Sounds like you are doing wonderful!( except for the hemmroids of course )

It is so funny to me how different people tolerate different things. I have read where people can't drink anything ice-cold, some can't have anything hot. So funny how it seems the tiny stomachs have a mind of their own!

I am so happy for you. Keep on,keepin' on!!

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

ccbelle14
on 4/28/11 3:22 am - Minneapolis, MN
It seems like despite some nasty hemmeroids, you've had a pretty good experience! I'm glad you've got more energy and are able to stear clear from the blood pressure and cholesterol meds. PLUS last but not least all of the weight you've lost. Congrats and keep up the incredible work!!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
WV_Loser
on 4/28/11 3:57 am
Thank You for the encouragement and kind words!

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. Benjamin Mays

carabarnes
on 4/28/11 4:46 am
I'm glad your doing so well. You have been put through alot. I can't even imagine. Your so positive and inspirational! Happy 6 month Surgiversary!

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

WV_Loser
on 4/28/11 5:02 am
Hi Cara!

Nah! I don't feel I've gone through too much..... (i'm one of the lucky ones)....I have read post's that have been through waaay worse!

You look amazing!! You are doing great!!!!

Thank you for your encouragement!! I hope to be where you are someday soon!!

Best wishes!
Angela

KrisJ77
on 4/28/11 4:50 am - TX
YAY!! I'm so happy for you! I am three months out, but feel like you!!  Food isn't the same to me anymore - which is fine!!  I love the weight loss!!  I also need to drink my water cold!! 

WV_Loser
on 4/28/11 5:09 am
Thank you Kris!

It doesn't get much different by 6 months, food is food you can take it or leave it....lol

I Live one Protein shakes, Protein Shots, Beef Jerky and saltine crackers (these are my staples) But I eat alot of other foods they just don't feel as comfortable on my tummy. And sometimes I find something that really taste's good and get frustrated that just when I finally taste it I'm full and can't eat anymore Ugh!! .......lol lol ..........  But that is why I got this surgery in the first place, because I didn't know when to quit eating before surgery and balloned up to my original size 257lbs.....

Thank you for your support and encouragement!!

Best wishes to you on your journey!

Angela

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 7:02 am - Castle Rock, CO
 congrats & continued success to you!! 
Lisa D.
on 4/28/11 10:44 am - New Orleans, LA
Glad to see how well you are doing.  I know that the sleeve gave me back a great life.  Just wait until we get to where we want to be.  There will be no stopping us!!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views