The Infamous Stall Report-4 weeks post op

Johari22
on 4/27/11 8:14 pm - San Antonio, TX
Hello Everyone,
Just checking in with my updates, issues and whatnots, lol!
Still find I just like lurking and reading everyone's posts ! I wish....

Updates, I feel good other than the fact that I've been catching it trying to get all of the water in during the day.  My incisions are healing well and I want to scratch them like krazy.  I have been carrying my 16 oz bottle around at work.  Actually, I take 4 to work and put the others in the freezer.  But while I'm drinking it, I feel like a water balloon waiting to be popped.  Started on my mushies and have three weeks of that doctor's orders, ugh!  I'm having a hard time finding mushies I like.  Will try to find some suggestions, books, possible experiments, lol!

Issues, having the infamous stall since I hit the 4th week.  NSV-I'm still able to walk 3 miles in 40 minutes; 5 times a day, carrying my water of course.  At my 3 week check up I was told to add a third protein shake which I will do this week due to my workout schedule.  No heavy exercising til after 6 weeks, just walking.  I did measure myself and found I was losing inches, yeah!  I remember reading that about the stalls and found some comfort there

Whatnots, I found that I like watermelon, pineapples and strawberries again, lol!  I did experiment with pasta and found that I cannot tolerate the gooey part, so that's gone.  I do have trouble trying to figure out my fullness levels and when to stop.  I have also noticed that I can really home in on salty food very quickly and things that are too sweet.  It is amazing that the things I ate before, I wasn't that sensitive to the salt, but now, wow it hits like a rock, ugh! 

Serving sizes, how do I find out what serving sizes I'm to use.  My NUT didn't really say, so am I just eating for that fullness feeling or what?  Or do the serving sizes come into full play once you are on to the whole foods phrase.  Was just wondering and reading. 

Wishing all who had since had surgery, a safe, speedy recovery and welcome to the loser's bench!!!!!!!!!!!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 12:23 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I believe measuring is important and keeps you in chk. My NUT told us 4 tbsp of whatever we eat (2 dense protein and 2 of veggie or fruit). I find it is perfect and sometimes I can't eat all of it. I'd chk again with your NUT on measuring. Good luck!!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 53 views