Doing something wrong?

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 11:58 am
It is normal.  As long as the food is not getting stuck and bothering you, it's OK.  Now, I don't really eat any differently, bite size wise, than before surgery.  I am not really sure when I made the transition, but the third to six months sounds about right. 
frisco
on 4/28/11 5:40 pm

Pretty much what everybody has already said.....

You also may want to try "food lube"

With eating softer food....chewing good.....eating slow.... Try eating "Wetter" food.

Gravy it up with a creamy type soup......or yogurt or sour cream or even mayo.....

Also try these suggestions with a minimal amount of food......two bites......wait an hour or two....see if you don't get foamies..... if you don't.....eat a couple more bites....work up to it.....

Check with your surgeon....it could be stomach acid also.....or.....(don't want to scare you) there may be a remote possibility that there may be some physical restriction happening.

Foamies usually means food is stuck/blocked in your sleeve.

Hope this helps

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

cattywompos
on 4/28/11 10:43 pm
Besides what everyone else said...I have heard of pregnant women that have to spit all the time too. Could have something to do with the swelling in your tummy.  Certainly wouldn't hurt to give your doc or NUT a call for some suggestions. 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Father Don
on 4/28/11 11:16 pm - Charleston, SC
1. Call doctor!

2. Cut into pencil eraser size bites.

3. Chew 30 times before swallowing  - if you have to swallow before the 30 chews are complete, you took too big a bite.

4.  Get the old egg timer - 3-5 minutes between bites.

5.  Call your doctor!

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

skinnymeforever
on 4/28/11 11:50 pm - AZ
Okay - so - I was recently in the hospital for dehydration and low potassium and stomach ulcers. They did a CAT scan and there is nothing wrong with the surgery site. Stomach is looking good. I have an appt today to get and go over labs and I will mention the foamies to her then. so that takes care of the "call the doctor" part.  I think it may be that I'm eating too much. I don't know how to measure it.  If I have 3 different things on my plate, example: beans, cottage cheese, 1 slice of a peach.  I ate: 6 beans, 3 bites of cottage cheese and 2 bites of the peach.  Does this seem like too much?  How do  I measure this? Gosh, I love this site.  I'm so glad I have ya'll to help.

Ms Shell
on 4/29/11 3:43 am - Hawthorne, CA
Ok MY PhD stands for Pretty Hot Diva, with that said.  You are trying to do to much.  Focus on ONE thing to see how you can tolerate IT because this early out your stomach is still in SHOCK and all those food combinations COULD be upsetting your stomach.

During the first few months I ate almost exactly 1-2oz of food at a time.  Try simplfying your menu.  Just 1/4 cup (or less) of beans, OR cottage cheese.  I didn't have fruit for like 4 months or so because I wanted to make sure I was getting in enough protein.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 12:02 pm
Yes, I think you are eating too much and too many combinations of things.  I would just do a few bites of cottage cheese as a meal.  I would focus on getting comfortable with one food at a time, and I would not eat more than 1/4 of a cup total.
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 4/29/11 12:31 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with

It doesn't sound like the amount is the problem but you may be eating too fast or not chewing enough.

Also, have you tried taking an OTC acid reducer about 30 minutes prior to eating?

I am still on the full liquid stage but sometimes will feel "full" when I haven't eaten for hours and hours.  When it's like that I have a hard time with even water.  When I do that, I take a GasX strip, wait about 30 minutes and if it's not gone, take an OTC acid reducer and then wait 30 minutes to try to eat or drink.  It usually works and I haven't had that rabid dog feeling since I started doing this.  Sometimes the GasX alone will work.

Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Readyforafreshstart
on 4/29/11 12:45 am
I am already 5 1/2 months out (my how time flies), and I do still from time to time get foamies and it always appears to be one of two things.....1. I ate too fast, which has been a constant struggle for me. or 2. I either ate too soon after drinking or drank too soon after eating.  You are still relatively new at this and it takes a while for you and your new tiny tummy to get on the same page. You will get it figured out. Good Luck
~SHERILL

G
A
INING LIFE one day at a time!!!!!
kaydemo
on 4/29/11 2:08 am - TX
I'm so glad you posted this!  I'm still in my 90 pre-surgery time frame, and I've seen a lot on here about "foamies" and "slimies", and I had not the slightest idea what  folks were talking about!  Now I know!  This place is a wealth of information! Thanks!
And best of luck on your continued success!
Most Active