Wanted to see medical records from surgery.....

Johari22
on 4/28/11 8:55 am - San Antonio, TX

Hello everyone,

I was just curious about my medical records from my hospital stay (1 day).  Long story short, I went today to get a copy and guess what, my one day stay was over 300 pages at $1.45 a page wow!  I just wanted to get the names of the nurses and staff that took care of me during my stay to put an update on my profile with hospital reviews.  Go figure, my total cost will be only $435.00!    I was lucky to get my x-ray for free, but the cost for those was $29.00!!!!!!!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

melanie L.
on 4/28/11 9:04 am
wow, thats alot of pages for one day...

Janelle L.
on 4/28/11 11:40 am - Lakeland, FL
As a RN let me tell that is not suprising at all. There a notes, progress notes, procedure notes, time outs, labs, orders, etc, etc, etc.... So to all those people who think if we aren't in your room we are sitting on our butt, we are on our butt under a mountain of paperwork!

Hopefully your stay was a good one and an "all the nurses and staff" will cover it.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
  HW 375. CW 296 GW 200

Johari22
on 4/28/11 1:15 pm - San Antonio, TX
Janelle L,
It was great, which is why I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me during my stay.  I think I'm going to see if my dr's office has a copy.  Yes, they showed me the list of everything that was included in my record.  I got nothing but praises for those who chose nursing and medicine for their careers!  Thank God for You all!!!  I'm not going to give up as I want to write all of my letters at the same time, I remember a few but it was more than one, sigh!  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

Jessica M.
on 4/28/11 3:55 pm - San Antonio, TX
Support group Sunday at 2, think you can make it? Jess

Most Active