How does a skinny person shave her armpits?

nazeyshell
on 5/2/11 1:25 am, edited 5/2/11 1:28 am - St. Louis, MO
What an unusual problem to have, but I am having a real challenge!  Since I have lost so much weight, my armpits are literally that--pits!  I cannot seem to relax, straighten, or bend my arms in a way that allows me to get the razor at an appropriate angle.  The next step I guess is to try some sort of hair removal cream.  Any suggestions for the best product for sensitive skin?  Anyone else experiencing this odd issue??

Katester
on 5/2/11 1:45 am
LOL I have the same problem. I shave what I can see in my daily shower and always miss spots. He helps me out...thats the only way I can get it all shaved. I pull and stretch and try to get all of it and I just can't...and I also wonder how they shave!! You know they miss spots! I'm from St. Louis too! Nice to meet another St. Louis'ian. Good luck on your journey!
chrissycookit
on 5/2/11 1:48 am - Rensselaer, NY
lmao sorry but that is funny.....now that I think of it when I shave it's almost like my pit is sunken in....but I use a 4 blade razor and it seems to be fine...no problems...but I have to shave like ever other day the crap grows like wild fire...lol...good luck...oh maybe you can do laser removal....I've heard people are doing that theese days....

USAF Wife
on 5/2/11 2:48 am
The VEET shower power stuff rocks, at least for me. I do not have coarse, thick body hair so it works well for me.

If you haven't already noticed, shaving bony knees is a total b*tch. I miss more hair on my knees and don't realize it until I'm out of the house and the sun hits my legs just right and BAM there is a huge hair waving in the wind.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 3:05 am - Germantown, MD
Someone tried those skinny bikini area razors and said they helped some but weren't a huge help. I'm starting to get this problem myself. Ugh. I'll have to look out for some gentle hair removal creams.
xxkrazytracy64
on 5/2/11 3:12 am
WAX THEN SUCKERS, HURTS LIKE ANY OTHER AREA, BUT IT ALL COMES OFF, PLUS STAYS OFF FOR 3-4 WEEKS...... GOTTA DO WHAT YA GOTTA DO..........GOOD LUCK.
e/diet/dietticker/dietticker.php" ticker/dietticker.php" e>>dge/dietticker/dietticker.php" >edge/dietticker/dietticker.php" >Weight Loss Ticker

gonersmom
on 5/2/11 3:35 am
Bad humor...but here goes. The answer to the original question is obvious....VERY CAREFULLY! (Just got off of a 15 hour overnight shift....sorry! LOL)

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
jenniflorida
on 5/2/11 3:56 am - Washington, DC
You all made me laugh so hard in my office that my staff came to see what was up!!!!!! Too funny.

Mandyplus2 ..
on 5/2/11 4:10 am - GA
It is HARD!!

I have to lean my arm wayyyy back, then sort of smash on my armpit with my fingers to flatten it while simultaneously holding the razor in the same hand and trying to shave. It's ridiculous. I need to try some Veet or something.
 5'8" - 40 years old

Ashleyxx
on 5/2/11 4:56 am - Detroit, MI
I like the Sally Hansen spray-on shower hair remover, I get the "extra gentle soothing formula" they also make one for more coarse hair. I spray mine on before I go in the shower, it says wa**** off in 3mins but I leave mine on a little longer, I have sensitive skin and I like it allot. Always make sure to test out these creams/sprays beforehand, don't want to break out in a nasty rash !
Most Active