3 lbs to reach first mini goal... then what?

Romy J.
on 5/2/11 1:53 am - Spring, TX
So how am i supposed to set my next goal???  i wanted to reach 220.. and i am 3lbs from it... now what... ?   200?   does that sound right... ?   i dont even know how 223 happened... but it did.. now im freakin out!!!   i wasnt ready for the next step... it took about 2 years to reach 220 with my band... i guess i was expecting the same... ughhh... i need to get some goals set... HELP with goal setting please...!
263pre    249SW   218CW   220 short term goal!! 
Next GOAL...  199!!

evilelf
on 5/2/11 1:58 am
Just keep up what your doing, and looks like you are doing great. Congrats on the weight loss. Rock that sleeve girl

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

chrissycookit
on 5/2/11 1:59 am - Rensselaer, NY
That is awesome...good for you...what a great feeling it is it right?? How about ONEderland....or maybe this..mine was to be in single digit size granny panties...whoo hoo...loved it when that happened...or maybe have a goal to be able to walk up 3 flights of stairs...stuff like that...doesn't always need to be weight related...oh and deff reward yourself with something when you reach them....keep it going sleeve sista!!!

Sunkissedsgrho
on 5/2/11 2:05 am - LA
I like these ideas! My #1 goal is to be able to cross my legs! I have DREAMED of this moment forever! And hopefully, by my birthday, It will happen!! Of course I have other goals that are weight related, but I do like your idea of setting goals that aren't. Thanks!
Sunkissedsgrho
on 5/2/11 2:02 am - LA
Boy, I cannot WAIT until setting goals become a problem for me! LOL "I've reached my goal, what to do next??!" Since I haven't had surgery yet, this whole concept seems so outlandish to me! (But not for long! My surgery date is May 25!) It just seems so foreign to me! Congrats on your success! And I say set small goals, maybe 10lbs. a month, then go for Onederland!! 199! After you reach that, go for 180! Bottom line, you gotta do whatever makes you feel comfortable! If you are comfy and HEALTHY at 220, maintain it! But, this tool can be pushed so much farther! So PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT!

Happy losing!
Amanda
Romy J.
on 5/2/11 2:54 am - Spring, TX
Thanks Amanda... i think i am setting the 199 mark as soon as i hit my 220lbs...  Ughhh... i feel FAT like a pig... i am sure it is all MENTAL... i feel like i go to sleep and feel like i wake up FATTER.. somehow the scale doesnt react to my feelings thank god... it is a struggle... never did i imagine that even slow weightloss it would still come off..    I am excited for your upcoming surgery... im here if you need a friend... anytime!! 

kisses,
Romy!
Next GOAL...  199!!

Sunkissedsgrho
on 5/2/11 4:25 am - LA

You are welcome! I totally understand where your mind is. BUT, I WISH I was at 220! LOL (give me time, I will be and steady losing!) I am  so excited about being where you are! You will do a wonderful job with this tool, and I'm hoping to do the same! And I'm adding you as a friend as we spea****ep me posted on your progress! I'll do the same.

Amanda

jimbovsg
on 5/2/11 2:43 am
depends....I set my goal "bar" high while losing fast like.......30lbs + per month! (pound a day!)  That was in the beginning!  Now as things slow down(I'm over 20 months out)  I set the "bar" much lower!  I'm happy W/ a pound every week to 10 days now!   So "feel" it out for yourself.   If meeting goals is motivating to you.....maybe set it at like 5-10 lbs at a time....as 20lbs may be a bit more frustrating.....cause it will take longer!  Whether it is 1-5-20lbs at a time....you will be making progress!   And the more goals achieved....the more rewards you can give yourself! (non food rewards that is!) 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

cattywompos
on 5/2/11 2:44 am
Well, what is the next thing you'd like to accomplish? Is it the elusive Onderland or something lower? What is the next number you would like to see?  I try not to go so much by the numbers because sometimes the numbers get discouraging especially farther out. You get so used to seeing those big number jumps and when they slow down it can get a bit frustrating. So I too like the thought of other goals.  Like crossing your legs, fitting into a pair of old jeans, shopping is "regular" stores, being able to buy a bra from Victoria's secret, stuff like that. Numbers are nice to see, but the NSVs are even better!  Congrats on your loss thus far and keep rockin what ya got girl!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Romy J.
on 5/2/11 3:37 am - Spring, TX
unfortunately i dont have big jumps i have big stalls.
and even with big stalls obviously still able to accomplish.. so... ill keep trotting along.
Next GOAL...  199!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views