Tomorrow is my day finally

StrawWalker
on 5/1/11 9:58 am
Surgery at 11:00am. My head is filled with ideas that this won't work for me. After 14 days of liquid protein and nothing else, I am only 11 pounds down. Anyone else felt like that?
Straw Walker
Suane
on 5/1/11 10:03 am - Livingston County, MI
Maybe you don't want to hear this, but you are normal! It will work for you. There is no way that you can cram all the food that you have been eating daily into a little skinny tube. So you will lose weight whether you want to or not. I'm guessing you want to. 

But you have to help it along by doing what the doctor and NUT tells you to do.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

jessj1976
on 5/1/11 10:04 am - Carey, OH
VSG on 04/27/11 with
Hey I know how you feel. I had my surgery on the 27 and had to do the 2 week liquid diet. If i recall I lost like 9 lbs and I thought to myself what if I fail at this too. But with support here on OH and family I know I will do just fine. And I know you will get thru this too. Good luck tomorrow and Ill say a prayer for a speedy recovery.
                                     -Jessica-

Debber7714
on 5/1/11 10:26 am
I think that is sound advice Jessica - with you just having your surgery done, too! I just love this forum and have learned SO, so much. My doctor told me he could tell I was very knowledgable and I already had my mind made up on the sleeve - and I thank my newfound OH friends for that! Hang in there, and I'll say a prayer for a speedy recovery also!

HW=238 CW=194 SW=220 GW=125  Arrived in "One-derland" on 9/1/11! 
                    "What you choose is what you shall have...
                        what you allow is what shall continue."
Crimson
on 5/1/11 10:25 am - MD
I only lost 11.5 on my 14 week pre-op diet. but i was also going to the gym. so dunno if that interfered, help or what not.

doctor was glad i lost it. she said i should be able to lose a minimum of 10, so i surpassed it. No worries dear, just think, this time tomorrow, you'll be sleeved!!! 
debbie2800
on 5/1/11 10:27 am - NY
 You will be fine! And you did fine. My Dr. advised to lose at least 10lbs before the surgery and I lost 20 pounds and trust me I was on a liquid protein diet but sensible dinner? Well err umm I did my best. I had not even realized that I lost it. You will lose and will feel and look wonderful. Many best wishes for a safe surgery and recovery.   

Pre Op WT 323  SW 299 CW   I Will Praise While I Wait! DebbieGirl 2011

didim62
on 5/1/11 10:31 am - Kensington, CT
Congratulations on your day finally being here!! Your going to do great and 11 lbs is nothing to feel bad about but it's normal!!! Good Luck!!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Waning Woman
on 5/1/11 1:35 pm - TX
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views