My 1 year anniversary!

jnet
on 5/2/11 11:54 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I just wanted to share with everyone my major accomplishment of the past year of losing over 100 pounds - I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on 4/24/2010.  It really is the best decision I have ever made and I am so proud of myself for changing my whole life!  I love to exercise now, and my goal is to become a yoga and pilates teacher.  I have some loose skin on my arms and thighs which I hate, but I am hoping it will lessen as I get closer to my goal and in the following year of maintenence.  I am so happy I am healthy, active, and have overcome a lifelong struggle with my difficult relationship with food.  I eat what I like within reason - this surgery taught me what reason is!  I have such a sense of freedom - all that weight was like a prison of my own creation.  One of my cousin's kids weighs exactly the amount of weight I had lost so far...I gave her a piggyback ride on Easter, and feeling how heavy she was on my back, I could not believe I was carrying that around every day.  I thank the people on OH for giving me so much information and hope in the beginning of my weight loss journey, I hope that I can do the same for the new people coming in now!  

Here's my before and after! 
www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/733673/album/Old-me/

Weight at Consultation 284/Weight at surgery 270/ CW 168
dynielle B.
on 5/2/11 11:58 pm - WA
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
super amazeing ya look great.
 height 5'7''
 before sugery: 285.50             day of sugery: 267.0                                 goal: 160

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Lananala
on 5/3/11 12:01 am - CA
Awesome! I can't wait to see where I am at when it is my one year surgiversary.

Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

Lalamonkey
on 5/3/11 12:09 am - GA
Wow I am so happy for you!!!  I love the piggyback reference - I've told my hubby for years I am carrying a teenager around with me.  You look AMAZING - you are a HOTTIE that is for sure.  I love that you now desire to be a yoga/pilates instructor too.

Thanks for sharing - I am 3 mos out and it sometimes seems time is standing still so it is great to see what life can look like at a year out.

I wish you all the very best and continued success as you conquer the world!

Hugs to you!

Lala
jnet
on 5/3/11 12:14 am - Indianapolis, IN
Thanks!  Lala - there were weeks where I would be stalled and not losing anything, and I would feel so discouraged!  Eventually it starts up again, but it was hard to have faith in myself that I was doing the right things and it was just a bump in the road.  It was exciting to look back and see how far I really did come...in the day to day I can be hard on myself and I forget sometimes how much I truly have accomplished! 

Good luck to you!  I can't wait to see your 1 year pics. 

Weight at Consultation 284/Weight at surgery 270/ CW 168
msshellwillis
on 5/3/11 1:33 am
I have told my husband something similar. I've been overweight and have been carrying another overweight person with me for years. Can't wait for a year to show what I will be packing around then. 
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

HW (1/1/2011): 382. SW (4/15/2011): 357. CW (03/29/2012): 275.
                                                Sleeved on 4-15-11                

DragonGirl
on 5/3/11 12:16 am - MN
You just look phenominal!! You're very obviously glowing with health!!
Congrats on your success so far!!

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
KrisJ77
on 5/3/11 12:27 am - TX
WOW!! You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

vjb1952
on 5/3/11 1:20 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
WOW!      What a wonderful transformation!  You look great, and obviously feel great, too...a hearty CONGRATULATIONS to you!  Thank you for sharing, and giving me a huge dose of encouragement for my future...Have a wonderful day!  Viv 

vjb1952

Maryatt50
on 5/3/11 1:26 am
 You look awesome - great job - you should be proud - Good Luck in the future.  
Most Active