6 days out and on liquid diet, belching constantly and hurts

bubbles_too
on 5/3/11 9:16 am
I sip slowly, my protein drinks are watered down but after two sips I hurt and have to belch.  How much longer will it hurt?  Thanks for any advice.
Karen

Jessica M.
on 5/3/11 9:33 am - San Antonio, TX
My doc says to stay off shakes for a week and concentrate on clear liquds, since they are easier tolerate.

Jenijeni
on 5/3/11 9:37 am
call your doc or nut and tell them you're having issues. Just keep sipping slowly... It will get better.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

KathyA999
on 5/3/11 9:49 am
Are you on a PPI?  For me, constant belching is a sign of stomach acid. 

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

ms_dar
on 5/3/11 10:21 am - Canada
Small sips with time between should help. I find that burping is a sign that I am full and that happens quickly in the beginning when you are still very swollen and just starting to heal.  Good luck to you and in meantime go ahead and burp when you need to.

mayday79
on 5/3/11 10:33 am - NJ
I wasnt allowed to do protein shakes right after surgery-- actually im 5 weeks out today and still havent done the protein shakes.  maybe you should just concentrate on the clear liquids and leave the protein shakes for a little longer down the road.

Meg1Pat2
on 5/3/11 11:54 am - TX
VSG on 04/12/11 with
I liked the belching, it made me feel less of the tight, "I drank too fast feeling"  It hurt
when I bleched and had hiccups for about 10-14 days,......... then. ........one day...........pain gone.  I still belch and get hiccups often....small price to pay...love me, love my burps  !!!!!

inle31
on 5/3/11 3:34 pm, edited 5/3/11 3:35 pm - GA
Ooo....I know the feeling.  I'm a week out from being sleeved and I have been having the same thing happening with the gas.  I wish I could have one big long belch like  you get from drinking a Pepsi or Coke.  I have been so pissed off from trying to drink jus****er.  I have told everyone that drinking water shouldn't hurt but it does.  Luckly I can say today was a good day with the water and with the gas.  I hope your better days are to come.  Just know you're not alone with this.
Most Active
Recent Topics