Still think you need to kill yourself with cardio? Think again....pic heavy

sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/6/11 2:03 am - CA
Beautiful, and inspirational!

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 2:05 am
Fantastic job! When I was lifting.. oh, 15 years ago.. I always subscribed to the high weight, low rep- exhaust the muscles at 10-15 reps. It worked fantastic. Do you do any of the super slow lifting or just regular controlled speed? I cannot wait to get back to lifting, I felt sooo good doing it, plus the muscles just look damn sexy.
Mandyplus2 ..
on 5/6/11 2:38 am - GA
Eh, I will only sometimes do slow negatives if I'm really trying to blow out a muscle. For instance, my biceps are pretty sad. I can curl pretty heavy, but because my arms are long and I have "low connecting" biceps, its hard for me to get a peak. So I sometimes do slow negatives with curls or chin ups to really focus on the bicep. Otherwise, I don't think it's all that necessary. I try not to spend much time doing isolation work anyway. I focus on compound lifts, and if I'm lifting heavy enough, super slow lifts aren't even possible. I'd have to lift lighter for that.
 5'8" - 40 years old

SassyItalian
on 5/6/11 2:13 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Looking hot and so fit! But how the heck did you get stomach muscles after VSG AND kids? I havent had kids and I dont know if any amount of working out could give me stomach muscles..

I guess Ill have to find out. Your skin looks very tight, do you have any sagging skin or has it all bounced back?

xoxo
sassy

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Mandyplus2 ..
on 5/6/11 2:42 am - GA
yes i do have loose skin

I need a lower body lift, my back side and thighs are the worst
 5'8" - 40 years old

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 2:18 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks for your post; very informative and inspirtational.  Also, as always, you look AMAZING!

I'm just about to start weight lifting again and your post comes at the perfect time, because other than aquafit, I despise cardio...sooo boring.  I've never found weights boring though, but I wanted to wait until I was under 300 to start again.  I'm going to do exactly what you said and see what happens.  Weight 3 -4 X per week, 5 mins on treadmill before and after. 1 or 2 aquafit classes and 1 yoga class.  I'll do this for a month and report back.

Are you planning on becomming a personal trainer?  I've got about 50 lbs to go before I do my PT and Yoga Instructor certifications.

Cheers,
Suzanne
Mandyplus2 ..
on 5/6/11 2:44 am - GA
Thank you! I think I would be a kick-ass personal trainer, but I'm not sure the hours will work because i have very young kids.

good luck -youll love it!
 5'8" - 40 years old

Elena22
on 5/6/11 2:21 am

You look great! But can someone with already sagging skin acheive this type of muscle definition? I was told not without plastics.  Please put up that comparison photo. Thanks, keep it up!

~ Elena.

Mandyplus2 ..
on 5/6/11 2:46 am - GA
The only thing this will do is fill some excess skin with muscle. But if you have hanging skin and plan to get it removed, you'll just look that much better if you actually have some muscle. Skin and bones is not a good look in my personal opinion. :~)
 5'8" - 40 years old

DragonGirl
on 5/6/11 2:24 am - MN
Hi Mandy,
I completely agree with you! I started weight lifting at my gym, not really knowing what I was doing...but making an effort. after about a month, I got an opportunity to work with a trainer in a small group setting. I can not even begin to tell you what a difference it's made.

My waist is pretty little, and although I still am about 50 pounds from goal, I am really starting to tell a difference. I keep telling my trainer there's muscle under this fluff and after doing a pinch test he laughed and agreed!

I am hoping I'll start seeing definition with more weight loss. My biggest area I want to work on are my arms. I've always had heavy arms especially over my elbows and I'm hoping I can put on enough muscle to avoid plastics. I've heard Brachio is the most severe PS.

You are truly, truly an inspiration!! thanks for giving us a great heads up! PS...I agree... I loathe cardio!!

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active