Still think you need to kill yourself with cardio? Think again....pic heavy

Mandyplus2 ..
on 5/6/11 2:47 am - GA
Good for you Heidi!

You are doing great. Keep your protein intake HIGH so that you can preserve as much muscle as possible while you are eating at a deficit, and lift heavy. That way when you do lose the body fat, you will have a decent muscle base.
 5'8" - 40 years old

Smardeepants
on 5/6/11 2:29 am
Mandy, as always, you look incredible. Your pictures are inspiring, to say the least! WTG! 

carabarnes
on 5/6/11 2:41 am
WOW! You look great! I'm hitting the gym right now!

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

KrisJ77
on 5/6/11 2:50 am - TX
I started yesterday and you have me SO MOTIVATED now!!!!!  You look freakin' awesome!!!!!! 

VeraG
on 5/6/11 2:59 am - Bonner Springs, KS
I have been working on my arms, but I'm super impressed with your legs.  Defined Muscles!  My loose skin is right above my knee caps.  I'm guessing squats??

Living until I die!

Mandyplus2 ..
on 5/6/11 3:42 am, edited 5/6/11 3:42 am - GA
Yes for legs, squats and lunges.

The only thing is that you won't really build much muscle unless you are eating a caloric surplus. When you are in a deficit, you are just maintaining what muscle you already have, and the lower body fat gives you that definition or "cut."

This is why my legs are actually considered skinny as far as body building goes. I need to bring my quads wayyyyy up but I'm not going to bulk (caloric surplus) again until fall. Then I'll kill it. =)

5'8" - 40 years old

Michelle F.
on 5/6/11 3:03 am
Mandy you know you're my hero! My kids got me a personal trainer and a gym membership for Mothers Day at my request so I will start kicking it.

My question for you is where is your ruptured disk? I have 2 herniated disks in my neck and they think I have RA now so I am in constant pain. I don't want to do anything to cause more damage to my neck and shoulder so I'm going to check with my trainer and be really careful. Im just curious how you avoid damaging it more. They want me to have surgery but I've had enough thank you!

Happy Mothers Day sexy lady!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

Mandyplus2 ..
on 5/6/11 3:45 am - GA
Hey Michelle! I'm not sure which disk (the doctor's never cared to actually check), but it's my lower back. I can't do deadlifts or regular squats for fear of rupturing it. Definitely talk with your trainer. They can design a routine to work around your injury.
 5'8" - 40 years old

Zee Starrlite
on 5/6/11 5:55 am
Hi Michelle!

I think you said you were going for a follow-up today???  I don't have your number!  I will PM you my cell.  It would be great to be "in -touch" with you. 

After 3 years and 3 or 4 "flare-ups" I've been diagnosed with a form of RA which I truly believe is RA but my doc is reluctant to diagnosis and treat.  It is called palindromic arthritis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindromic_rheumatism  .  It is the devil!  I have woke up crippled before which is absolutely terrifying.  With the last attack I had in January, it seems I have not fully recovered.  I'd say that I have 5% still lingering which never happened the other times.  I believe my body initially had a reaction to iron infusions.  Now it takes my body a while to "wake-up".  I have to soak my feet in the shower when I wake-up otherwise it take some time to just feel okay.  I can only describe my feet as feeling "round" when I wake and put my feet on my wood floors.  My body gets achy when I get up after staying in one position too long.  In between my thumb & index fingers, knees, feet have it most.  It is so ******g weird and disgusting.  Initially it would switch to different places.  I describe to my regular internist that it just felt like my body was attacking itself . .  and it was.  It has been a long road to this diagnosis.  I hate it!  I am feeling more and more like I need to find a support group because it is difficult for others to understand.  It is hard for me to understand, to accept that I don't always feel well - I that I am not in control, that I am so tired sometimes and I can't get myself to do things.  I tested positive for the ANA screening which is used to diagnosis Lupus & RA.

Hope you are well.  Sorry, I probably just needed to have someone understand me.

xoxo,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Michelle F.
on 5/6/11 11:01 am
Oh I feel for you, pain sucks!

I just PM'd you my cell, my follow up went great!
Most Active