gaining before surgeon appt.

Tracey W.
on 5/8/11 3:58 am
I meet my surgeon on tuesday. I'm really concerned because I've gained 4-5 pounds in the last few weeks. I've been working on this surgery for almost a year. I don't want to blow it.  I've been on a last this last that kick lately. I even had a burger king burger yesterday. I don't know if I'm trying to sabotage myself because I'm scared of the changes, or if this is normal. I am afraid that I've lost my focus and am going to get sicker again. I can't go back to where I was. I can't become that lump on my chair that can't even get around the house without a walker. HELP please.
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
_aprilh_
on 5/8/11 4:24 am - OK
I did that... gained weight. I had to wait 6 months for insurance and the first 4 months I went crazy. I actually gained weight. I ate everything in sight because I knew I didn't want to eat that stuff again after my surgery. I want my changes to be for life. So I went absolutely crazy and gained 17 pounds in those months. Then my husband looked at me and said: "why are you having this surgery...why are you even looking into it? If you can't handle the changes now, how are you going to be able to do it after surgery. If you are not going to change now then you shouldn't go through with it..." I also knew if I kept going the way I was going my surgeon would not do my surgery and I would die at an early age. So I changed. I started doing what my surgeon wanted me to do and I lost all that weight I had put on plus 7 more! You can do this! You are not alone! Keep working and know it will pay off in the long run...this is a marathon life, not a sprint.
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

mimikay
on 5/8/11 4:27 am
I can't tell if you've had your surgery, but it sounds like you haven't. If you've lost 79 on your own in prep for surgery, you're doing great! Even with a small gain, that's hard to do so don't beat yourself up. Surgery makes it so much easier to stay on track.
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
Most Active