A word about my mom...

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 5/8/11 1:37 pm - New Orleans
My mother has been the stable foundation that has held our family together for all these years, no matter the cir****tance.  I feel blessed to have grown up in a family with a father & mother who loved each other and made whatever sacrifices neccesary for us to have a wonderful life.  We weren't rich, but we never missed a meal or slept in a cold bed.  My father has always worked two jobs, and my mother has worked for 30 years full-time teaching mentally disabled adults.  It's a job that takes a lot of patience, persistence & love.  In the meantime, she raised me, buried her father much sooner than she should've had to, and spent several years taking care of her ill mother until she died.  Through all of life's potholes, I never saw my mom be anything but a lady.

When I decided to have WLS(and in Mexico of all places), my mother was scared.  Not angry, not bitter, not jealous, none of the things I hear other people gripe about.  She was just scared for my safety & scared that she wouldn't be there to help take care of me.  But never did she try to talk me out of it.  My mother has been overweight most of her life.  She understands the emotional & physical toll that obesity takes on our lives.

The night before I went to Mexico, I went to see my mother.  I dreaded it all day.  I knew there were going to be tears.  Tears of joy, sadness, worry about the uncertain...  I don't get very emotional with my parents.  I've never felt comfortable crying in front of them for some reason.  But we hugged each other harder & cried together more tears than we ever had before.  And I'm thankful for that beautiful moment.  I think if I ever lose my mother, it's the moment I'll remember the most.

When I was about to leave, my mother told me that she wanted to pay for the majority of my surgery.  She had been saving up to buy a new car, but wanted to spend the money on my surgery instead.  Although she was scared, although she was afraid... she still supported me so much that she wanted to make the sacrifice.  She told me she wanted me to live a fuller life than she had been able to, due to her weight.  She wanted me to no longer be a prisoner in my own body.  It was the most loving, giving, unselfish thing I've ever experienced in my life.

And that's why I love my mom, folks.  I'm proud to be her son.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

taracarter42
on 5/8/11 1:38 pm
 I loved reading this.  Thank you for sharing!
MsMaki
on 5/8/11 1:41 pm - Chino, CA

Beautifully written.

Jenijeni
on 5/8/11 1:43 pm
You brought tears to my eyes! What a remarkable woman she must be!! This was absolutely beautiful and touching... Thanks for sharing!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Dawnie 88
on 5/8/11 1:45 pm
i loved reading this.  What a great mom you have.  I am a mom to 3 boys, and I sure hope they feel about me how you do about your mom when they get a bit older.  Awesome!

sleeve genie
on 5/8/11 1:51 pm - Alhambra, CA
Thank You.   Your Mother sounds like a lovely lady and i'm sure she is very proud of you.   There is no love quite like a Mother's love   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 1:53 pm
Oh man, that is love. You have an angel for a mother.
sandycnv
on 5/8/11 1:57 pm - Clayton, CA

It's too bad you live on the other side of the country.  I have a sister you should meet.

My Mom always said find a man that's good to his Momma.  I've got one but my sister should meet you.  Maybe you're too young.  I am the worst at judging age.

Your Mom love you and it is clear you feel the same.  I have two boys and I hope they feel this way about me in the future.

Beautiful post. 

Sandy
FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 5/8/11 2:01 pm - New Orleans
Sorry, but I'm spoken for.  I'm flattered though.  Thank you.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

Arianasmama
on 5/8/11 1:58 pm - Beverly Hills, CA
 Someone pass the tissue please.  Beautiful story, thanks for sharing.
Be Blessed            
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views