How long does it take you to eat???

borntobethin35
on 5/8/11 10:17 pm - VA
I'm about 12 weeks now and I find it only takes me 15 minutes to eat about 3 oz of salmon and some veggies. I do feel some discomfort some times but it isn't enough to make me slow down. I was wondering how long does it take you to eat your food?

Sheka
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

PaulaS
on 5/8/11 10:33 pm - TX
I eat too fast, I know.  
Last night I had a 3 oz. crab cake and it took me about 15 minutes, probably a little less.   I did not have anything else with it, though.  
I really have to watch how fast I eat and consciously slow down.   Been hard, still not all the way there yet.    But, my tummy tells me when I eat too fast!  
The flip side to this is when something is supposed to be hot, I want to eat it while at least still warm.   If I eat too slow, it is COLD and yucky.     
Interested to see what others say.  

Paula

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Waning Woman
on 5/8/11 11:13 pm - TX
Now that I'm a year out, I eat pretty fast. I could easily finish that salmon in 5 minutes. I pace myself by what my sleeve tells me. Some days its ok with it, some days it not
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
ashwarren
on 5/8/11 11:31 pm
At 4 months out it takes me between 15-30 minutes to eat around 2-3 oz of meat. 
  HW: 240 SW: 227       
Monica W.
on 5/8/11 11:48 pm - TX
Not even 8 weeks out yet and under 15 minutes whatever im eating.... 

sueannspencer
on 5/9/11 12:28 am - Carrollton, TX
I think I eat pretty fast, too. I just have to pay attention to small bites and chewing thorougly. Otherwise I'm uncomfortable. Eight months out, I have learned the signs that I'm full, and the wisdom of not taking another bite.

roselynd
on 5/9/11 3:01 am - WI
I'm three months out but still taking about 30 to 45 min. to eat. My sleeve doesn't like it when I eat fast. Good thing I'm used to cold dinners! Of course I also use a "baby dish", you know the kind that you fill with ho****er to keep the baby's food hot? It looks funny but it does wor****eps my food hot enough for about an hour!
Roselynd                
VioletKate
on 5/9/11 6:19 am
two ounces of meat only takes me about 10-15 minutes at most. I do chew thoroughly and I don't have any feelings of being over full or discomfort.
VioletKate    
Most Active