December 2010 VSG Check-in

LovelyLadee77
on 5/9/11 4:33 am - Atlanta, GA

I just celebrated my 5 months surgiversary on Friday, 5/6/11 and although I'm as far along as some, I'm please with my success b/c my path has certainly been different. I have done more food experimenting than I care to admit and failed in a lot of areas, but my head is definitely back in the game now and I'm getting the results I sacrificed for. This was major surgery and I don't take it lightly. I'm very grateful that I could have it b/c it has added me tremendously in getting as far as I have.

I'm not working out 4-6 days a week and getting around 60-70 grams of protein in daily. I'm using Mio water enhancers like crack to ensure I can drink water all day long which I do. I do still supplement with protein shakes, but I'm mostly eating lean meats (i.e chicken, seafood, turkey). I am not getting in all of the vitamins but I am taking a really good prenatal (nope, not trying to get pregnant) b/c it has a lot of good stuff in it. I hate taking pills and I always knew that would be a challenge for me. So hopefully the l/f cottage cheese is helping me in the calcium area.

I  have a week long cruise coming up October 2-8th and I'm determined to be at my goal by then. Surely I can lose 45lbs by October right? I mean, it is only May. I will do it, I'm determined.

So December VSGers.....update us please! How the heck are you??

Sleevie The Wondertwin is where I rant.......its PG.....mostly
"I like my money right where I can see it....hanging in my closet"-Carrie Bradshaw  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
BuckeyeGirl
on 5/9/11 4:58 am - TN
Hey There!

I am loving my sleeve these days and doing great. I'm 75 lbs down, 14 lbs away from getting out of the obese BMI category FOREVER, and I've got success in my sight. The century club is going to get a new member sometime this summer, I just know it.

I am just starting to add in some protein shakes. I've been off of them since I started eating food, but I just can't seem to eat enough to hit my protein goals, so I had to start supplementing.

I swim about 2-3 times per week for a mile, take walks, and am just now starting to do some lifting.

I started in a 24W and am now at a 16/18W and I'm really hoping that I'll be in regular sizes by my birthday in August. I am also taking a trip in September and I can't imagine how I will feel if I can be in onederland by then.

I am just loving this journey!

Lindsey

Healthier2011
on 5/9/11 6:22 am
I'm 10 lbs from my goal.  The dr's goal would have me 20 lbs from goal... but once I meet my goal I will see if I want to go for the other 10.  Also, I'm 5 lbs from being "overweight!"

I've never been able to drink the protein drinks, so I try hard to get all my protein in with foods.

Oh yeah, and my into sizes 10/12.

And last but the biggest reason I has the VGS done, my blood sugars are A LOT better, still not quite what I wanted but I'm getting there! 

It's been quite a journey but well worth it!

jengo1971
on 5/9/11 6:25 am
Hi there Lovely, so glad things are going great for you.  Same here.  It's almost like I didn't even have major surgery.  Started working out 8-9 weeks ago and would like to start lifting soon.  Use the search feature and type in "December sleever" (I think), someone started this very thread last week.

Hope you have a great time on the cruise.  Went to the Southern Caribbean on my honeymoon 13 years ago.  Best vacation ever!

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
AuntieLoLo
on 5/9/11 2:35 pm - VA
VSG on 12/20/10 with
Checking in from the Nation's Capital:  Surgery on 20 December.  All's quiet on the eastern front.  I am down 81 pounds, from a size 22W to a 12.  I am eating a LOT of pork chops, in fact, I pretty much eat nothing but pork chops (or fish on the grill) and salad, cheese for lunch and a protein shake for breakfast.  It is monotonous, but, before the surgery, I ate pretty much the same things (not these same things, but pizza every night for a month, or spaghetti every night for a week, etc.)  Now, I am eating healthy things, things that satisfy me.

I am, also, drinking 100+ ounces of water every day.  I do not go to bed until I have drunk every last drop of my goal of 100 oz.  I am finding this to be very helpful with my numerous **ahem** 'bathroom issues.'  I have been plagued with these problems for decades, and only in the past month or so, since I upped my water intake, it has been resolving itself.

As for exercise:  I walk.  I walk a lot.  I got a treadmill after Christmas, so I use that on the crummy weather days.  And, on the nice days, I walk outside.  My bare minimum is 6 miles.  It takes me a little less than 2 hours to do.  But, today, I did my 6 mile loop TWICE.  It felt great, mostly because the weather is so nice, and it is so delightful to be outside amongst others.

My vitamin regimen is fairly simple, and probably not what I should be taking, but , you know, I hate pills.  I avoid pills like the plague.  I never take asperin ever, even when I am suffering.  I just hate them.  Taking the PPI after the surgery was the biggest concession of my life, (I took them, but hated every minute!).  So, I take gummies.  2 Trader Joe's gummie multivitamins, 2 fiber gummies and a Viactive.  I know I should take the other calcium, but I am working myself up to that.  It is just a little gross in the gummy form.  Baby steps!

My only problem is that I am losing a lot of hair.  I am hopeful that it will stop soon.  I need to touch up my roots before I leave the country for the summer.  If it hasn't stopped by then, I am not sure what I will do... but then again, if it hasn't stopped by then, I will probably be bald, and roots will be the least of my concerns...

But, I feel great, and i wouldn't trade this experience for anything!
Most Active