Foamies

farleyskat
on 5/12/11 3:03 am - St. Helen, MI
Can anyone tells me what causes the foamies?  I've seen them mentioned before.

Mr Mom
on 5/12/11 3:26 am
If you eat too much &/or too fast the food starts digesting and bubbles up into your esophagus, IE the foamies! ..Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

cattywompos
on 5/12/11 3:28 am
Typically someone get the foamies when they eat too fast, too much, too soon, drink too soon after eating, or if something doesn't agree with their tummy.  I have had them a few times and for me I get a sudden onslought of nausea, my mouth fills up with saliva and I run to the bathroom toilet only to spit and spit and spit up foamy stuff. 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

sassyscorpio
on 5/12/11 4:22 am
For me, definitely eating too much. At first I could not guage how much to eat.  The foamies start a couple mintues after the last few bites .If I eat until I am full at the table,  20 min later, I am too full. I have learned what my portion sizes work for me and no more foamies.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

Brenda L.
on 5/12/11 5:21 am - Raleigh, NC
I ha e had the foamies the three times I have eaten chicken. My NUT says my tummy is not ready for chicken yet so I will stay away from chicken until I am six months out.

Brenda
  Brendini                                                              
Lavonda1
on 5/12/11 5:47 am - Canada
 Thanks everybody I wish our drs and nuts were as knowledgeable about all this as you are i will try the water thing tonight and see how that goes
LaVonda
aka Kevin

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 7:16 am

Learning to eat slowly is so hard.  Before surgery, I just ate.. wham!  And, if I felt a little too full, sometimes I could drink a little water and help it move quicker.  Now, that does not work... if you are over full, do not drink water thinking it will help.  You will spit tha****er right back up.

When I eat slowly and think about what I am doing, I do better.  It is when I get in a hurry, watch tv or get on the computer while I am eating that makes it easy to forget and eat that one little bite too much.  And, believe me it does not have to be a lot more than you need that can make you have the "foamies"... one bite will do it.  So, I have learned to pay attention.

I have had this a few times.  It is so gross.  And it makes me so angry at myself to know I brought it on myself.

aintstoppin
on 5/12/11 12:41 pm - NH
 How long does it last for you.  It has only happened once to me but I had them for a full hour  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views