Track food?

ArmyWifeandMommy
on 5/13/11 9:57 pm
What would be the best iPad app to track food and all that good stuff.  I am using Sparkpeople but I was wondering if there was something more simple.

Watson
on 5/13/11 10:40 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with
Hello ArmyWifeMommy. As far as to track your food intake, I use it on this web sites all the time. I go under "Tools" that is in a blue bar and click on the "Nutrition Tracker" and it will take you their. It helps me to keep track what goes in my mouth, like cals., fat, protein, etc.. I think it's great and simple to use. Check it out if you like too. I hope this so help to you.
cindibarre
on 5/14/11 5:03 am - Danforth, ME
Watson - Thanks for the suggestion.  Went on line immediately and started tracking.  Like the site a lot.  I used to track using WW but this is much simpler.  I think its gonna help me a lot.  Thanks.  Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Watson
on 5/14/11 5:24 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with
Hello Cindi. You're welcome. Cool. I bet you do like this site. I like it too. Glad to help out. enjoy this site. 

Jason.
BuckeyeGirl
on 5/13/11 10:46 pm - TN
I use MyFitnessPal and I like its iPad app.

Lindsey

Mary R.
on 5/13/11 11:29 pm - OH
I use myfitnesspal too and I love it!  It has every food imagineable on it it seems and since I ALWAYS have my phone with me its much easier than trying to write it down.
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" 
"Get busy living, or get busy dying" 

buxom_blossom
on 5/13/11 11:54 pm
VSG on 04/12/11 with
 I'm a My Fitness Pal junkie too!  I use the iPhone app, the iPad app and the desktop version.  It makes it so easy to track everything I eat. 

The best part is it's free.  I used to use Weigh****chers online for years and this is sooooo much better. 
I'm 5'10"  -   HW 264 lbs  -  lost 9lbs pre-op diet -  SW 255 lbs  

Happy Girl
on 5/13/11 11:57 pm - CA
I just asked this question on here a few days ago and got a lot of great ideas. The best one I found from all of the recommendations was "low carb diet assistant". It costs a few dollars but it is seriously the best one I have found. It shows you protein carbs water weight and all of the details you would want to keep track of. If it doesn't have a food already it is easy to input it and then use it again another time. I highly recommend it! Good luck

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

jenniflorida
on 5/14/11 12:07 am - Washington, DC
I am using myfitnesspal as well. For the first time I came across an error. I put in BBQ chicken breast, 1 oz, and it came up with about 34g of protein. I thought - wow. Definitely wrong. So I put in chicken breast on its own and it states 5g of protein. This was the first error I've seen. Has anyone else found some?

Momof2Sweeties
on 5/14/11 1:01 am - NJ
I know 3 oz of chicken breasts has about 27-29 grams of protein. I use my fitness pal and love it. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't calculate net carbs, But for foods that i need to do that I just add to my foods and input the info and use the net carb amount as total carbs and make a note on that item...

Shannon