Severe Stomach/Abdoninal Pain

hamptons11937
on 5/13/11 10:09 pm - East Hampton, NY
 I had the sleeve surgery, successfully, a year ago.  Then I started having severe stomach/abdominal/back pain.  Has anyone experienced that?  I figured I'd call a gastroenterologist on Monday.  For now I'm sticking to fluids and purees, as I did post-op.  

My Dr gave me 60 mg of prednisone rather than a pain killer.  It has helped, but I hate being on it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Kim                 
01mojanet
on 5/13/11 10:25 pm
Good Morning,

Well I am pre op I finished all the foot work just waiting on the insurance approval sorry your in pain I have plans to have the sleeve if all goes well in June,  My concern is why a Year later 1st off I will keep you in my prayers but I realize that it sucks have been to the post beginners stages now again, WOw stay strong and I will diffidently pray for you
hamptons11937
on 5/13/11 10:29 pm - East Hampton, NY
 Thank you and good luck.  ;)
 Kim                 
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 10:28 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Does your doctor think its an inflammation issue and that is why you are hurting? 

The truth is though, if you are having intestinal pain, then narcotics are only going to make it worse *ultimately* because they slow down your digestive tract, which is why most folks on narcotic medications also have to take stool softeners.

Please let us know what your gastroenterologist finds and how you are. 

We will be thinking of you!
hamptons11937
on 5/13/11 11:04 pm - East Hampton, NY
 He's primarily treating me for my lupus inflammation.  It's helped the abdominal pain, but, the stomach issue is separate.  I'll post what the gastroenterologist says.  Thank you. 
 Kim                 
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 11:07 pm, edited 5/13/11 11:07 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
That makes sense, and too with lupus, it can just attack anywhere it pleases with no rhyme or reason.  Damned lupus.

Take care of your girlie.  We will keep you lifted up.
frisco
on 5/13/11 10:44 pm

Sorry...don't have any ideas for you.....

Just be aware of prednisone........

Prednisone is a steroid. It can and will hide/mask signs of infection. In other words you could have an infection and not show a temperature. 

My dad was on prednisone and he developed a leak and infection in his intestines from diverticulitis.

His doctors couldn't  find out what was wrong with him...they wouldn't give him a scan because he didn't have a temperature..... I researched prednisone and in about a minute I found out about the masking qualities of this drug. I frickin lit off on his doctor calling him a ******g idiot..... If I could figure this out it officially made him stupid. (sorry...I'm still bitter)

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

hamptons11937
on 5/13/11 11:01 pm - East Hampton, NY
 Thanks.  That's helpful
 Kim                 
dec721
on 5/13/11 10:53 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Do you still have your gall bladder?  The pain from that can be quite severe and can feel like it is in your back as well as your gut.  Cut ALL fat from your diet and see if that helps until you see the doctor.  But by all means see the doctor asap.  Best wishes.
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

hamptons11937
on 5/13/11 11:02 pm - East Hampton, NY
 Thank you, Dorothy.  I still do have a gall bladder.  I'll mention it to the doctor.
 Kim                 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views