Confused about clear liquid proteins pre-op. Need suggestions!

Michelle W.
on 5/15/11 7:46 am - WA
Looking for some suggestions! I just got my packet in the mail about my 2 week pre-op requirements. Its a "clear liquid diet", and it states...- Protein shakes (60 g shakes = 2 shakes daily)  I saw several suggestions on clear protein shakes, but I dont see any that have 60 grams of protein! Any ideas??? Also, my list states I can have tomato juice- and last I checked that wasnt clear? hmmmm

While Im here...lol, I was given a whole list of vitamins and supplements to start taking.  Is everything pretty easy to find in liquid or chewable form??? Or do you think that is even necessary? Will I never be able to actually swallow a pill? Man the nerves are really setting in! :)

Jenijeni
on 5/15/11 7:58 am
I'm 3 months out and don't take any chewables anymore. So, yes, you'll be able to take normal pills again when your doc says it's ok. You have a clear liquid pre-op? Maybe you should call your doc or nut and get clarification. I think they want you to get 60g of protein TOTAL each day in two shakes. That would be two Premier Nutrition shakes from Costco... Bt if they want you on clears, then you'll have to look at Syntrax Nectar or Unjury Chicken or something similar.

My BEST advice though, is to call your doc... Get clarification on what the doc wants. We can offer advice, but might not get it right!
Good luck!
Jeni

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Shana16
on 5/15/11 7:04 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Ylu can get unflavored and add it to anything.  For free samples of some chewables go to celebrate.com (I think you have to call them and leave your info) and bariatricadvantage.com.  Also try theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for some great recipes for shakes,protein ice cream, and really great food. Best of luck.  If you are having RNY and the Band pills could get stuck.  With the Sleeve and DS they don't.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

wildfan
on 5/15/11 8:50 pm
Look for Gatorade Recovery. I think it was something like 16 g of protein per bottle, and only about 130 calories, and it tastes pretty good. Comes in strawberry/kiwi, fruit punch, and orange/citrus I think.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views