yay... MIND REVISION.. HARD CORE CHANGES

Romy J.
on 5/16/11 12:02 am - Spring, TX
So... I stalled out at 223lbs... according to my records since...  5/1 thru 5/15  ONLY because i commited to a revision and change in my foods... per my NUT the suggestion was watch my FAT grams per day no more than 30grams...  no worries on the carbs, sugars, or calories...Up the calories to 1200!  DAMN... i know..

So i had to do something... a friend from OH has held my head up when im down and kicked me around when i needed it... Also suggested a change... so for one week... i said whats it hurt to try.... 
I started the change in foods on SATURDAY...I had to also work saturday which makes it difficult... i hung up the phone about midnight... and had to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to get ready for a 12 hours shift...!!!! 
At my first break a McDonalds sausage biscuit!!   I plugged it in to my fatsecret.com and dang... i was all ready at about 389 calories... and 34 CARBS... i was screwed for the rest of the day!!!   the suggestion was...600-800 calories  NO MORE THAN 40 Grams of CARBS....
I didnt lose hope... for lunch and dinner i had Lubys... Blackened Tilapia with a side of Okra and Spinach.  Water to go!!!!
I ate a 1/3 for lunch 1/3 for dinner... and had leftovers for Breakfast!!!   I lost a pound!!!   Yesterday i ate WOW a thigh and leg of chicken with Spinach....  then i snacked on Spinach and peanut butter then had FISH and spinach.... and TODAY   another pound down...!!!   ITS only been 2  days 1lb a day... damn...  well.... its working...and im only 2 days into my week... i dont think it will end after the week... but i sure in the HELL cant wait to see the scale tomorrow!!!!!  Just letting you know where im at... Thank you!!
263pre    249SW   218CW   220 short term goal!! 
Next GOAL...  199!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 12:12 am
 Yup, similar experience for me.  Surgeon assistant suggested increasing calories to 1300-1800 and upping protein to 200-240 grams a day (I've been lifting weights, apparently need the extra intake to build).

After being stuck around 218 for a couple of months I'm down to 210 after one week of modified diet, and I have actually increased noticeably in arms and legs over the past three weeks.  It's completely counter-intuitive but seems to have helped me break out of my rut and start re-building.

I would not have done this without their input, but since I'm about 8 months out and having lost so much I didn't think it'd hurt to gamble.  Daily food diary entry has been very helpful through this process.  At 400 calories and 48 grams of protein already lol.
Romy J.
on 5/16/11 12:30 am - Spring, TX
WOW... its great to hear that its working!!!!   Stalls SUCK!!!   And the only thing letting me know im on track is the scale... SAD but TRUE... keep up the great work!!
Next GOAL...  199!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 1:04 am
You too.  If you're not already start taking measurements, pay close attention to how your clothes fit...stuff like that.

I found myself panicking a little at the concept of gaining any weight at all, even muscle.  This is the first leg of an intense process

Jenijeni
on 5/16/11 12:46 am
Wow, Romy! I don't think I could even EAT a sausage biscuit!! Lol... Maybe a half of one... I'm really struggling to meet 1000 calories a day. My sleeve doesn't like greasy meats too much. I've thought about increasing to 1100 to see if that will kickstart my losing. It has taken me 6 weeks to drop 9 pounds!! Ugh. Congrats on jumpstarting your weight loss!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Romy J.
on 5/16/11 1:03 am - Spring, TX
well it was easy to meet counting the fat grams.. and wth the tweak to only 600-800 calories and counting CARBS..  it puts me right back on track...

I even feel healthier... sometimes it takes a minor tweak....

I didnt eat the entire bisuit either... i left about 1/3 of the actual biscuit... ( it stuffed me
)
Next GOAL...  199!!

USAF Wife
on 5/16/11 1:28 am
I know this is not going to be popular, but I swear carbs are 500 times more evil than fat grams. Our bodies need fat, carbs not so much. Our body will convert all those nasty fat stores to energy, use that protein to burn fat, build muscle and you'll feel amazing. Keep on, keeping on, and if/when you hit another stall just tweak things a little and don't give up.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Romy J.
on 5/16/11 2:49 am - Spring, TX
thanks girl... thank for looking in... yup i swear after just one day.... CARBS ARE EVIL  thats all it took!!
Next GOAL...  199!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 1:42 am
Hey Romy!
I'm glad the tweak you are trying is working for you! That's the same plan I was instructed on from the get-go. I do still have short pauses, but nothing bad.. and if you go on a week to week basis, there's only been 1 week I didn't lose something on- that third-fourth week! Do be aware, if you do end up going over in your carbs you may see a quick upwards bump on the scale, it is water- it will come off when you get back on plan..

With that said, I don't want to tick anyone one off- but I see a lot of poor outdated info coming from NUTs regarding what we should be consuming.. as bariatric patients.. too many espouse the traditional 1200 cal a day, 4+ servings of carbs, lo-fat, mod protein way of eating. I am with USAFwife, carbs are the main culprits, combine them with fat and high calories, and whammo- pudge.
Romy J.
on 5/16/11 2:52 am - Spring, TX
it sucks to be said... imagine... one month all the weight icould have los... UGHHH that is what upsets me more.. the good thing is its been tweaked and as long as i dont give up on myself.. i will keep on trotting along!!!!    no more hiding under chairs!!
Next GOAL...  199!!

Most Active