Liquid Diet Question

MadFatLady
on 5/16/11 7:55 am - MI
 I've been on my pre-op liquid diet for a week now.  I've been careful to get in all of the protein that I am supposed to, and I've been drinking lots of water.  Over the weekend, I developed some constipation.  And now I am need of Preparation H.  Is this normal?  I know the dietician asked at my meeting with her last week if I was feeling constipated at all.  At the time, the answer was no.  This just happened over the weekend.  I called her today, but of course she is out of the office on Mondays!!  I did leave my name and number so she can call me tomorrow.  But I'd like to know if this is a common thing or if it is just another "Lynn Quirk."  Thanks!!!
Lynn

Christian Fiction Author

http://lynnmcmo.com        
September903
on 5/16/11 9:10 am
My surgical team suggest stool softeners or milk of magnesia. If you are still a couple days out you could even do an enema. Good luck.

MN_Mama
on 5/16/11 9:11 am
More and more water.  I had some binding up before surgery too, but it almost always followed a day of too little water.   I am supposed to hit 64 oz per day, and it was better when I did more.

Lionetta
on 5/16/11 9:44 am - AZ
I get constipated from the shakes, too, so I add a half a capful of Miralax to each one and that keeps me free of any worries. My surgeon recommended it and told me it's safe enough to take every day, so believe me ...I do! I skipped a couple of times and regretted it, so I'm uber careful to get it in now. You might want to try half a cap, see if you need more or less, figure out what your body needs.

Hugs!!

HW: 335 SW: 279 GOAL: 150 ~ or less. 

MsSonja
on 5/16/11 1:39 pm - Kent, WA
I didn't have any constipation during any phase of liquid diet. 
~~ Ms. Sonja 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views