Yay! Figured out how to break my stall!!

KrisJ77
on 5/19/11 12:10 am - TX
So I haven't been able to go the bathroom...I knew that if I could - the weight would start coming back off.  I've tried everything to go!  Well, I read on here (can't remember who posted it - but THANK YOU!!!) to take a Magnesium (pill) at night and you would go in the morning.  It actually worked!! YAY!! The first night I took 2.  Last night I took 1 and it worked the same.  If anyone is having restroom issues - I highly recommend this!!  The scale moved!!
YAY!! I am sooooo happy!!! Hugs to all!! 
Kris

Lois G.
on 5/19/11 12:41 am - Ashland, PA
Glad it worked for you....my doc put me on miralax over two years ago, and I put it in my coffee every morning and no problem with my bowels since then,............no taste at all and easy to take.............I get the generic brand at sams club.....
Carmelita
on 5/19/11 12:47 am - Four Corners, NM

Kris..that ain't a really healthy/ier way to break a stall imo.

Models on the catwalk, anorexic folks have been using LAXATIVES for EONS...to lose weight

I saw the post the gal wrote about Magnesium ..and shoulda said sumthin then...but didn't
I figured it would just go away.

I HAVE been using Magnesium...(not only in my Citrate calicum, multi-vit)  but as EPSOM SALTS...when I do my gallbladder flushes (have been tryin to save my gallbladder from the ax for ~8 months doing flushes)....part of it is to use Epsom Salts/Magnesium  as a pre-and post cleansing.

I ALWAYS LOSE WEIGHT doin GB flushes.  Water Weight...That Magnesium ...not only dilates and soothes the gallbladder....the LAXATIVE component to it ... DRAWS WATER out of every CELL in yer ntestines!!....IT IS VERY VERY HARD ON the KIDNEYS...if YOU ever read about Magnesium as a laxative...one of the CONTRAINDICATIONS  is ANYONE  with KIDNEY DISEASE refrain from using it.
I MUST DRINK TONS OF WATER...doing these flushes. Just READ UP on affects magnesium as a laxative has on yer kidneys...
replace yer fluids...I think yer kidneys  will thank you!

KrisJ77
on 5/19/11 1:06 am - TX
Thanks for the info...I'm not going to use it every day and it's only 250mg.  I have tried mirilax, fiber suppliments and milk of magnesia - nothing was working.  I am so thankful this did!! 

Carmelita
on 5/19/11 1:18 am - Four Corners, NM
Nothings working?  yer a few months post op too.  Have ya ever replaced yer probiotics post op..
ya know with supplements?  Since our GI tract is stripped...everything killed off w /IV antibiotics in the hospital... 

A complete probiotic...there's some pretty good supps at GNC even...if ya have no other source like Vitamine Shoppe, internet...get em real good price on Amazon...need to take em 2 months MAX...feed em fiber from diet or supps...them good bugs need FIBER to colonize, multiply.  to over power them bad guys.  Then stop...I take em every so often...especially when my diet is TOO HIGH PROTEIN...the acid, ^ protein feeds the BAD bugs...
so I try n stay on top of those buggers.
Relieves all sorts of intestinal/digestive problems...boost the immune system, good bugs bad bugs...???  sound familiar?

On the mag laxatives...watch for REBOUND constipation...winds up bein a vicious cycle!
go...then yer plugged up for days...ya take a laxative....then yer plugged up for days...

Get them good bugs in ya...and watch everythin even out!
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 1:49 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Do you reco any specific brand of probiotics, Carmelita?
felicity2u
on 5/19/11 1:06 am - LA
I agree also with the Miralax.  I have been taking it every other morning in my protein shake since I was two weeks out and haven't had any issues.  But hey, when we find something that works, stick with it! Glad your losing it again.  Keep rockin' that sleeve!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

SchwartzFamly
on 5/19/11 1:30 am
I have mini wheats every nite before bed...no problems!

I'm 6' tall and 41 years old

KrisJ77
on 5/19/11 1:47 am - TX
yummy! love mini wheats!! i will try that too!!!

Sunshine00015
on 6/5/11 10:10 am
Wow I love mini wheats how does that help? Just from the fiber?

Most Active