eating out and my choices

lortiz81
on 5/21/11 2:32 am - TX
Here is my new bolg on the choices I had to face this week on eating out. That is the hardest thing for me right now. How do you deal?

lortiz81.blogspot.com/2011/05/eating-out-and-my-choices.html 

I would appriciate some feedback thanks! 
jimbovsg
on 5/21/11 2:50 am
**** lost my first reply ( at a coffee shop wifi....keeps kickin me off!)  I have yet to find a restaurant that i could NOT find a healthier option at.  Just  need to know how it is prepped....and eat "around the undesirable stuff! That salad looked fine.....next time send me the Gorgonzola....if you're NOT a "fan! ha ha!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

amytang81
on 5/21/11 7:24 am
VSG on 07/28/10 with
Panerea is a good place to go. I normall order the classic cafe salad and add chicken salad and fresh mozzeralla cheese. This will be two meals.

Classic cafe salad (includes cucumbers, red onion, chopped romaine lettuce, baby fields greens, fresh tomatos. 40 calories

I ADD

Napa Almond Chicken Salad. 340 Calories

Fresh Mozzeralla Cheese       170 Calories

Total 530 Calories.....divided in 2 meals 275 calories.

~~~Amy~~~        
KathyA999
on 5/21/11 8:42 am
I'm with Jimbo - I have yet to find any restaurant where I can't order a protein that works for me.  Basically I order what I want, protein-wise, eat what I can and take the rest home.  I've ordered lamb shank three times, and it's huge.  I nibble on it, take it home, and it makes a good 3-4 additional meals, and I'm a happy gal!  My only regret is, I didn't keep all three bones and make stock out of them, LOL!

At Cheesecake Factory and other places I've ordered Chicken Marsala, which is wonderful.  Another time I ordered the shrimp appetizer, which ended up being 3-4 jumbo shrimp that were exactly the right amount for me.  I went to Lawry's Prime Rib with a big group.  While everyone else was getting giant slabs of prime rib, I got the English cut (9 oz of boneless prime rib), and ate about a third, made two meals out of it at home.  A bite of creamed spinach and a bit of Yorkshire pudding, and I was done.

I'm going on a cruise next month, and I totally expect to be able to eat my protein-first way.  I may enjoy a little nibble of dessert here and there, too, and the occasional off-plan snack, but for the most part my eating will be just like it is at home.

Don't let eating out get you down - there's a world of wonderful, restaurant-prepared protein out there waiting for us to enjoy!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

frisco
on 5/21/11 2:02 pm

Combat eating !!!!

It's a war you can win !!!

I can eat eat anywhere....anytime....in any State....in any Country and find something to eat.

Just about any restaurant serves chicken....Lots of times I've just told the waiter I wanted a grilled chicken breast with nothing on it...just salt and pepper it.

Just gotta look at the menu....if they have the ingredient.....just order the ingredient......

Or sometimes you have to order something on the menu with "de-constructing" in mind. Order a turkey and cheese sandwich and just eat the insides.....

Just the other day it was 830pm and I hadn't eat yet.... past by a place that said "Fish Taco .99"
Ordered it and ate the insides.....was nice....grilled fish chunks with a nice fresh tomato salsa....perfect!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active