6+ Months Surgiversay

leanmama
on 5/22/11 2:18 pm - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

Well, I can barely remember surgery,  It was so none eventful.  I really like the care in the hospital and being off work for 8 weeks.  I have lost  ... using O2 to breath when walking and sleeping, diabetes pills, using a walker and cane for ambulation, fear of  going out because I might get "stuck" and not able to walk to my car, and ta da lost 110# since this journey began pre op.  I have gained reflux, thinning of hair,  MY HEALTH, some smaller sized clothes & shoes  in the closet and self confidence.  I no longer want to be the person who disappears into the crowd, and I am more assertive sometime verging on aggressive.  I need to learn to speak my mind and present my needs without attacking people.  Something to be learned at 55 years old??  Must be.  Still many many more pounds to lose and more health to regain but the journey has been great so far and will be a work in progress for a while if not forever (but now doable) .  I have started to walk more and more and it is amazing!!!  To think I nearly lost that battle just 6 months ago.  Thanks OH friends.

Pre Op 450 lbs +/ VSG 10/2011  421 lbs/ DS 4/2013 371 lbs

Mandi E.
on 5/22/11 2:21 pm - Kissimmee, FL
I'm so proud of you! That's amazing!!! Keep up the great work!! You're so inspirational!!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

leanmama
on 5/22/11 2:26 pm - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13
Thanks Mandi.  Us heavy weights lose faster but have so much to lose I wonder if my resolve will fail.  So I try to stay on this board to keep me inspired.  I hope I can do that for others.  It is still a struggle to eat correctly.  I am learning what everyone says that the VSG is just a tool in the weightloss arsenal of tools.
Mandi E.
on 5/22/11 2:27 pm - Kissimmee, FL
Amen to that!!!! I'm only 3 weeks out and can see how easy it could be to be eating every 45 minutes which would defeat the purpose for the surgery!! You're doing great! And we'll all be here to support each other!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Curious1989
on 5/22/11 2:23 pm - Garden City, NY
CONGRATS

Nurse_Audrey
on 5/22/11 2:27 pm - Houston, TX
incredible!!! Congrats!!!!

jimbovsg
on 5/22/11 2:28 pm
 Great to hear you are regaining your health!  Your universe.....and the possibilities....within it....will continue to expand....congratulations!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

sleeve genie
on 5/22/11 2:45 pm - Alhambra, CA
so great to hear,  i'm so proud of you  you are doing great.   I went into this for my health also and its been a miracle  off all meds,   can walk now painfree.  I could go on and onl   And as you say something to be learned at any age   i'm 61 myself and am learning many things.  Keep up the good work :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

dlp5510
on 5/22/11 3:21 pm - Houston, TX
 We had surgery a day apart.  Great job you have done on your loss!  Congrats:)
Dana   
For I know the plans I have for you, Declares the Lord...Jeremiah 29:11
I have the strength to face all conditions through Christ Jesus...Philippians 4:13 

annie_mo
on 5/22/11 4:46 pm - Sullivan, MO
 Congratulations on your success thus far! 
Im also near St. Louis. 

5'5 HW 238 / SW 198 / GW 130 / CW 119....Goal Reached in 8 short months..
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views