Got my sleeve on Monday

Sabrina R.
on 5/25/11 7:14 am - CA
and I'm home, but very miserabvle. Any \suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :(

sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/25/11 7:18 am - CA
I've seen you on here a few times and am so glad you got your surgery. How are you miserable? I mean what is hurting you how??

lisa53406
on 5/25/11 7:24 am - Racine, WI
Don't be stoic. Take pain meds as needed. Make yourself sip sip sip, even if its uncomfy. You will appreciate it in the long run. I found cold drinks made my tummy spasm more so I drank room temperture for quite some time. Warm drinks made my tummy smile. If you are taking pain meds and in less pain you will naturally move around more and that will help your healing.

I had a lot of gas. I now have GasX but didn't then. I am still gassy but I am finding its improved as my tummy has healed. Movement will help the gas too.

Make sure you are taking your vitamins and protein daily. Again, the consequences are worse than the push to take them now.

Rest a lot and keep us posted.

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
firecap61
on 5/25/11 7:26 am - TX
I was sleeved on May 9. Believe me every day gets better. Take your pain meds and walk, walk, walk...

HW: 322     SW: 307    CW: 286   GW: 180

KrisJ77
on 5/25/11 7:32 am - TX
YAY!! I am so happy for you!!!  Sorry your miserable! I sure remember that!!! I promise you - in 2 weeks you will be better!! Give yourself time and take that pain medicine!!!

BriarRose
on 5/25/11 8:02 am
Take the pain meds as often as you are allowed to. Sip sip sip as much as you possibly can. Take short walks outside - just up the driveway and back, or in your back yard. then come inside, sip sip sip and take a nap. Do not expect anything of yourself except sip, walk, rest and repeat.

You will feel much better in just a couple more days....really...you will !
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Sabrina R.
on 5/25/11 8:02 am - CA
My stomach feels sooo sore.... :(

lisa53406
on 5/25/11 8:05 am - Racine, WI
You may want to hold your tummy when you get up or down. This additional support will help.

My greatest issue after coming home was sleep. I couldn't sleep in the recliner and it was too painful in my bed. I would go back and forth from place to place. When in my bed I HAD to use a pillow to support my tummy or the pain was HORRIBLE. The pillow and holding it made a world of difference.

This too gets better with every passing day. After a week I was still using a pillow but sleeping a good 9 hours in my own bed every night!

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
redsnapper1975
on 5/25/11 8:18 am
Iused a body pillow and also figured out pretty quick that the worst pain was on my right side.  So, I figured out how to sit so I was using the left side more to support my getting up and down.  If you have someone with you, have them help you up.  I had really bad abdominal pain too.  Still sore a week later but I'm able to do pretty much everything except bend over.  Thinking about you.  Also, as the others said get as much pain relief from meds as you can, and ask for something different if what you have isn't working.
~ Kim

Sabrina R.
on 5/25/11 8:49 am - CA

My tummy is hurting so bad, to the point where I'm regretting what I did. :(  I  hope it does get better! Thank you for all of your support.

Sabrina

Most Active