Drinking Water??????????

Johari22
on 5/25/11 2:55 am - San Antonio, TX

Hello everyone,

On Wednesday, I will be 8 weeks out, 40 pounds so far.  Still doing the daily walking, to with no problems.

My infamous question is how the heck are you guys getting all of your water requirements in?  I can drink my protein with no problems.  I try to drink/sip during the day but find that my stomach gets to that full feeling and just hangs there.  If I’m doing something wrong, please share it!!!!!!!   I think/know that the water intake is slowing my weight loss progress.  Then when I eat, I notice that I can eat about 4 to 6 oz of food.

Not sure if anyone feels this, but I’d like to share the way Ms. Sleevette feels when I eat.  If I don’t have some type of fluid in my tummy before I eat, it feels like my food is being dropped in an empty can.  I actually feel it, lol!  Is this normal?  So far, I haven’t had any problems with eating new foods, but also notice that Ms. Sleevette prefers vegan meat patties vs real meat.  But still working on different foods.  She still loves the mushies, go figure, wow!!!!  Guess I need to keep better food logs too.  I haven’t been doing to good with that either.  I’m trying not to be a quiter, at one point, I felt like giving up trying to figure this all out.  It is WORK, lol!   Thanks for reading my thoughts, and appreciate any suggestions.  Happy Wednesday?!?!?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

stefie67
on 5/25/11 2:59 am - Sicklerville, NJ
i hate to say it bt i am 10 months oit and i still don't drink water.  i use to love water, now i can't stomach it.  i do like my perrier, it doesn't cause me to foam.  i still only drink about 20 oz a day, but if i drink more than that i wont eat.  but i'm feeling great.......

love my sleeve

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 2:59 am
Are you adding anything to your water like lemon, SF flavorings, or even a bit of Vi****er Zero? I cannot do plain, and many folks have a similar issue- it just feels hard and filling.. Adding even a squeeze of lemon makes it go down easy. 
Johari22
on 5/25/11 3:11 am - San Antonio, TX
Jo,
I tried the crystal light, and it works sometimes.  It's the finding the time to sip/drink it, lol! I feel overloaded like the other commenter, waiting to eat.  My doctor gives us the 30 minute rule before eating and after.  You know that I have tried my stomach to see how it feels to drink and eat, not, lol!  So at work, I try to remember to drink by carrying my bottle.  I get so full I don't want to eat either, but I know I have to eat?!?!?!     Sigh.... Will keep trying, but the good part is that I'm losing inches now, guess my body is readjusting again.   is on June 6 and yes, think I'll have a sugar-free cupcake for my birthday! Thanks for your responses.....

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 3:30 am
You know.. I think mine gave the 30 min before rule.. and after reading many folks responses about how fast liquids (alone) empty from our stomachs, and my own experience that I can drink fairly rapidly now (meaning, that stuff isn't staying in there long at all).. I stopped waiting! I stop drinking about 5 mins or so before I eat, then do the 30-60 mins after to start drinking again. No issues. It may help? 
emelar
on 5/25/11 3:12 am - TX
Try different temperatures for your liquids. Sometimes that helps.  And some flavorings help as well.

Keeping up with everything you have to do can be pretty overwhelming.  Try concentrating on just one or two things at a time.  I think keeping a food tracker is vital.  It keeps you honest and will also highlight problem areas that you may not realize are developing.  Keeping well hydrated is way up at the top of the list as well.

It's great that you can get your protein drinks in.  Lots of folks have problems with that one!
smilinmomof3
on 5/25/11 3:30 am - MI
I know you are way further out that I am - but I'm finding that I don't do as well with liquids that are cold. So I drink hot teas or ho****er with a little lemon. The hot stuff works alot nicer with my tummy :) 
So maybe try dring hot stuff instead of cold.

WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

MaryKedz
on 5/25/11 3:36 am - Lancaster, NY
I am a little over six weeks out and I have the exact same problem.

I never had a problem drinking water before but now I can't get more than MAYBE 32 oz. in a day. I have tried everything, every flavor and additive as well as every sugar free drink I can think of. I really really hate anything with fake sugar in it and cannot drink more than a couple of sips. Plain water just nauseates me and makes me feel uncomfortably full.

I am really glad you posted this as I have been really stressing about this. It seems to be a big deal according to most of the people here.

I do plan to talk to my surgeon about it when I see him this week.

I have been pretty good about getting 70g or more of protein everyday and that is mostly through regular food, although I do have a protein bar once in awhile.
“...but with God all things are possible."  - Matthew 19:26                        
jakebsmommy
on 5/25/11 3:55 am - Waldorf, MD
VSG on 04/29/13
I am 8 weeks out now and I drink about 100 oz of fluids!  I don't drink plain water cause it hurts my stomach.  I drink crystal light and tea, and I also use the mio enhanced water it has no calories and taste great.  I also add lemon to my regular water which help.  Try different things hope this helps!
Jenijeni
on 5/25/11 4:40 am
Have you tried using a CamelBak bottle to drink from? I know it sounds weird, but it really does help me to get more fluids in. I also don't drink any plain water. My stomach just will not tolerate it! Rally weird, eh?

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Most Active