Two weeks and waiting...

Guardedly-Hopeful
on 5/26/11 8:21 am - OR
Its been 2 weeks tomorrow and I haven't heard anything from BCBS Fed about approving my sleeve.  I did hear that while they are approving it in some states, Oregon BCBS is not yet.  That means I will most likely be denied.  That is what the Dr. office told me.  I am approved for the band or bypass.  I have been thinking of considering the bypass instead of the sleeve.  I just really prefer the sleeve.  My Surgeon thinks that they will start approving it soon and would like me to appeal and hold out for the sleeve.  I am not patient but I feel like she is right.  She said she would do a peer to peer interview.  Any input is much appreciated.  I have learned so much from this forum.  
Kristy R.
on 5/26/11 8:31 am - Santa Clara, CA
 patience is definitely the way to go in this case, if it looks like you could get the sleeve with some perseverance, I would say it is definitely worth it.  Good luck to you.
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

lucy2e
on 5/26/11 8:36 am - Laurel, MD
There was a post yesterday about the sleeve and DS having better long term numbers then RNY because the piloric valve.  Might be something to include in an appeal.  Good luck!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Guardedly-Hopeful
on 5/26/11 9:42 am - OR
Thanks Ladies, I have been working on all this since last october(2010).  I have done the tests, classes, worked with a nutritionist and a psychologist.  I have had the evalutations.  I have lost the required weight for my surgery.... I am doing water aerobics 3x a week.  I have brought my protien and Vit. D levels up.  I guess I can up the exercise and keep on keeping on, but I am ready for this!  So waiting is tough!  It could be several months!  I can use all the support I can get !
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views