I wanna be a loser again :O(

ginaclaire80
on 5/26/11 12:49 pm
 For me weight loss has always been a up and down course.  After surgery it was all down hill, then the plateus happend.  I am starting to worry mine is no longer a plateu but a boycott.  I have only lost 4 pounds in two months.  I am exercising, eating protein protein protein and drinking my water.  I need some advise from and "old expert loser" on how to get this VSG working for me again.  I am sure this has been asked time and time again but I really wanna lose a little more before we go to Disney in a few weeks.  Thanks in advance....

USAF Wife
on 5/26/11 1:33 pm
The first thing to evaluate is your intake of calories/carbs/protein/fats then tweak your intake.

Going back to what you were doing when you were losing typically works. I'm a fan of low carbing it to get the scale moving again. I won't ever do the full on 5 day pouch test with the liquid protein days, but I have gone straight on protein for several days to lose a couple of pounds after indulging for several months and seeing a bounce up on the scale.

Getting labs pulled to make sure nothing is going on metabolically, and to ensure you are not deficient in anything never hurts either.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

lortiz81
on 5/26/11 2:53 pm - TX
I am right there with you girl! I have lost like possibly 7 lbs in like 3 or more. I dont even want to look.
tipsygirl
on 5/26/11 4:36 pm - IL
I dont have any advice, but I will offer support.  You are always there for me and I want to be there for you.  If you ever wanna call and complain or ***** I will always listen.  As soon as Im healed we will rock these sleeves together, Girl.  Love ya.  Hang in there!!

mjchristy
on 5/26/11 11:10 pm - IN
I am right with you on this one.  I have only lost maybe 6lbs in the last 2 months and it is very frustrating however, I have added in 2 protein shakes a day to make my protein higher.  I am using the Atkins Advantage shakes that meet my 5-10-15 rule that my NUT approves.  I have lost 2 lbs since Wednesday so something is working.  I don't know if my body was in a stall or I was just not getting enough protein but something is working.  Try some extra protein, get all of your water and hang in there.  I so know the frustration and sadness!  I hope I am on the downhill slide again.

Melissa
  SW:  302  Surgery W:  275  VSG:  October 13, 2010          
Disappearing Me
on 5/27/11 11:43 am - Murphysboro, IL
I'm right there with you Gina!  I think mine is because I've allowed myself to eat things that I'm not supposed to.  I need a good swift kick in the butt.
ginaclaire80
on 5/29/11 2:23 am
I was thinking its all about the numbers but I did a collage of pictures from the past eight months and realized I am right on track. I may never be goal but I have made a difference and that is okay with me. But if the scale wants to move I won't be sad
thinnermama
on 5/29/11 2:31 am
Chiming in to say that I'm right there in the same spot and for ME, I know it's what I've allowed to sneak back in food wise. I've started to worry that my pouch isn't "working" anymore, but I'm pretty sure it's me that's sleeping on the job. We need to band together and really kick ourselves back where we need to be.
I've started blogging my journey here at OH

Single incision lap VSG 10/21/2010

Height 5'2
Pre-op weight: 260
Day of surgery: 240
Current weight: 190

ginaclaire80
on 5/29/11 3:10 am
 I agree.  It seems easier than it should be to develop bad habits.  But I refuse to let go.  I will overcome these numbers and succeed  :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views