Over 1 Year Post Op Weight Stalls

dottiemay71
on 5/27/11 2:35 pm - Sparta, MI
 I'm just about 18 months post op.  My weight has been stalled for about 6 months now.  Anyone else experience such long stalls?

My highest weight was 403.  Surgery date weight was 376. I'm currently at 260.  I have a ways to go to get to goal.  I honestly wonder if the mental is getting in the way.  Not bad mental...but good mental. For the first time in my life, I am actually "HAPPY" with life and feel good about myself. Have I falled into a comfort zone?
Dottie May    
LizzyM
on 5/27/11 5:03 pm, edited 5/28/11 5:04 am
Hi Dottie, I am 18 months out too and have not lost a pound since before last September! My daughter got married and I was consistantly losing but purposely put a halt on it so I would not have to have my dress altered again. I have 20 more lbs. to go and if I never reach that goal, I have lost 137 lbs and am perfectly happy with my weight and the way I look. I turned my food addiction into a shopping one, it's been a great ride! Good luck to you!
Liz

7 lbs. lost preop included in total
hhippo482
on 5/27/11 5:25 pm - CA
I am in the exact same situation. I am  not just stalled I feel frozen but I know I have a long way to go still. Any advice would be great
With faith all things are possible

stephany48463
on 5/27/11 10:23 pm
IM not there yet but I would say yes maybe being happy with your weight can sabotage you a little. I am almost to my original goal but would like to lose 25 more lbs Im only 9 months out. But I am not nearly strict enough in following the rules because most of the time Im sooo happy with where I am. I would say at 18 months out I would spend a couple months getting back to following the rules that were working in the first year. Protein first, no drinking at meal.... and if that doesnt get things moving I would start looking at my insurance to see if I could add the DS. Cuz just think how happy you could be if you lost all that you wanted!
45 lbs lost pre op
first goal 199 reached 2-3-11
second goal 175 reached 6-1-11              
PBJ
on 5/27/11 10:41 pm
Hi Dottie.

You have done a great job but I can certainly understand your fustration on wanting to get to the finish line.  I am days away from being at my 1 yr mark.
My question for you is...are you exercising on a regular basis?  Maybe meet with a trainer to shake things up.  Maybe see a dietician too to re evaluate your diet.  IN my opinion...if you really want goal..you can get there!  I personally think exercise is the key.

Good luck to you.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
dottiemay71
on 6/3/11 2:48 am - Sparta, MI
I totally agree with you Patty.  In all honesty in the last couple weeks, the exercise has been nearly non existent (aside from working in the yard and things like that).  My week of "that time of month" really knocks me down.  I get a back head ache and generally just don't feel like moving at all much less exercise.  Then this past week has been whirlwind of excitement with my daughter graduating high school...so I've been busy with work, with home life, etc. but haven't "exercised".  So I need to get that focus back on.  BTW...today is your surgiversary - so Happy Surgiversary to you!!! 

I don't get out here on OH nearly enough. 

Thank you so much for your response.

Dottie May    
Most Active