Question from newbie

justwillow
on 5/27/11 10:33 am - OR
about how long does that gas stay in you? does it just stop one day?  i am feeling much better but i still have alot of air in me.

sleeve genie
on 5/27/11 10:36 am - Alhambra, CA
For me it was all gone by about a week or so post op,  it has to leave your body and the best way to move it is to move your body,  walking is great.   And then its all gone  yeah  congratulations on having your surgery.  Walk, sip, rest and repeat  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

tawana2q
on 5/27/11 11:03 pm - NY
Gas Gas oooooo that Gas... I had the gas in the hospital and it was so bad they kept me 1 extra day and when I went home it last for 2 1/2 weeks followed with frothy spit that partied in my chest and throat.  It reminded me of the mucinex commercial when the allergies mites was partyng and when the medicine came down they werent happy well guess what.   I had to sit in my massage chair and turn the heat on and let it beat my back for at least 1 hour 3 to 4 times daily(that was my mucinex lol).  I walked  I drank I cried I sang and I even took percocet they give you upon discharge to just go to sleep.  It does go away but oooooo weeeeee its a kicker... 
Chino67
on 5/27/11 11:55 am - Canada

It was the same for me as well. About a week, I just tried tokeep moving and took gas x strips when I felt uncomfortable. Congrats Hun!! Welcome to the lossers bench!! We are happy to have ya over

First 30 days 31lbs
Marriott L.
on 5/27/11 11:04 pm, edited 5/27/11 11:04 pm - San Diego, CA
it was at least 3 days and that was MISERABLE. The whole time I was in the hospital I felt it and was driving me nuts..I finally got up the courage to roll over onto my hands and knees and get my butt up in the air. That helped more than I could ever tell you. To be blunt I have never wanted to fart so much in my entire life and that got the gasses rollin so to speak lol. But I had a drainage tube also...and that coming out the morning I left helped too lol

Surgery Date: Jan 26th, 2011           Sleever for Life! HA

justwillow
on 5/28/11 2:17 am - OR
thanks you guys you are such a big help:)
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views