Coping and plastics

Jobsies
on 5/30/11 5:47 pm - Pitman, NJ
I have asked this on the plastics page but it's so quiet over there...I've pretty much stayed in a 10-15 pound range for over a year now.

I have a hernia and insurance has approved to have my panni removed at the same time. While I am thrilled, I am really scared and starting to freak a little since surgery is 6/9.

I have never not had a huge panni...well I've had it as long as I can remember anyway. I can't imagine wha it's going to look like when all is said and done..plus I'm not at goal so its not like I'm going to be all skinny.

I really think I'm going to have a harder time emotionally with this surgery than my initial sleeve. My surgeon, therapist and trainer all think having this gone is going to be the last thing to get me to goal..the think not having it will be a huge difference that will make my mind see the changes I've made and motivate me to move forward. I agree that I use my weight to protect me...and feel safe t this weight...normal but still fat if that makes sense...

So I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there that had this and felt the same way? Did I ge better.

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

Backinstride
on 5/30/11 5:56 pm
I have read this 3 times and still not getting it. I guess if someone else reply I will know. Wow
Jobsies
on 5/30/11 8:49 pm - Pitman, NJ
Meant to say...did it get better. Did any one else deal with anxiety or depression after plastics?

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

dec721
on 5/30/11 9:39 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I'll respond to the "having plastics before you get to goal" thing :-)  I had a tummy tuck and breast reduction eight years ago, when I had lost from 292 down to 220 on Weigh****chers.  That surgery was one of the best things I've ever done for myself!  Even though I eventually regained up to 270, the surgeries held, and now 100 pounds less, my stomach is flat ... and my boozoms don't hang down to my waist like they did!  

Go for it, get rid of that big ol' thing, and sort yourself out later is my less-than-objective advice, ha ha.  Seriously, I'll be willing to bet that you will be just fine and will be really relieved to get rid of that belly.  You will feel and move so much better!

Best wishes!!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views