Say Yes or No to the Dress (NON-WEDDING EDITION!)

ahleeeshah
on 5/31/11 7:32 am, edited 5/31/11 7:37 am
I'm not getting married yet, but I am trying to decide whether or not I should keep a recent Ross purchase. I went with my mom this weekend to try to find things I could wear in my losing phase. Right now dresses are all that works since my boobs don't seem to be going away just yet, and my mom loved this dress so much she ended up buying it for me. I am not entirely sold on it yet, though. I feel like it makes me look bigger than I am at this point, and I'm not a giant fan of the kimono-ish sleeves up top. Am I being crazy and this dress is okay to wear in public?

Here's a pic with more realistic lighting:

MediumSoon
on 5/31/11 7:46 am - TX
Definitely ok to wear in public - but you have to be the judge of how you feel in it!! Since about 40 lbs down I pretty much only wear things I feel great in. What a change for me!!

Primyzia
on 5/31/11 7:48 am
VSG on 08/09/11 with
I always tell eerybody the truth just because I want other people to do the same!!!now the dress Its ok its nothing great I'm sure there is way better ones for you  I'm not being mean because I have no room to talk but it doesn't give you any shape and to much going on  I'M SORRY  I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH
ahleeeshah
on 5/31/11 8:21 am
I definitely posted to hear the truth, since I've apparently trained my boyfriend so well that he says I look great in everything. Thank you! No worries at all!

priyankawillshine
on 5/31/11 7:50 am
if you are having second thoughts dont were it , as you clearly feel it does not do justice to your weight loss.

LilySlim - (m9B4)
Could_It_Be
on 5/31/11 7:55 am
You aren't smiling, which tells be it should go back
ahleeeshah
on 5/31/11 8:23 am
Haha, well, while you're right about it needing to go back (everyone here has definitely convinced me that I need to be confident in my choices now!) I never really smile in pics I take of just myself. Maybe that will change once I lose some more weight and find some amazing clothes!

USAF Wife
on 5/31/11 8:05 am
I'm a huge fan of getting that "ohh yeah baby" feeling when trying on clothes even through the losing stage. If you don't get that feeling, return it. Your face says it all and I didn't even really look at the dress all that much. If my eyes aren't twinkling when I am in the dressing room, I know I won't rock that outfit once I purchase it.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

ahleeeshah
on 5/31/11 8:22 am
You're so right. This feeling is completely new to me. I've always been an awkward shape so I've been really hard to fit, and that meant that if I found something in the store and it fit, even if I didn't love it, I would buy it because at least it was something to cover my body! The feeling of being able to put something on, have it fit okay, and then say "Well, it's not the best, I'll look for something else" is completely foreign to me. I need to get used to that!

CJCC55
on 5/31/11 8:42 am - Cleveland, TN
I think you are absolutely gorgeous!!!!
However, I am sure that you should feel very self confident in what you put on your body. I love the feeling I get now when I look in the mirror and feel confident about the fact that I am looking good in my outfit. I had a few clothes that I felt that way in during all my losing stages. I found some of them at
Goodwill store. Some of them I bought new, but not until I got down to size 12. I thought I would be staying at size 12 for a while. NOT!!! I sort of stocked up on that size, and was only in the clothes about a month or so. Had to turn around and put them all in the donation box.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views