Need some support.......

Bridge27
on 5/31/11 4:34 pm
Hi everyone!
It has been awhile, i hope everyone is doing well!!! I am almost a year out from surgery and have lost 160lbs, I still have about 30-40lbs to go....I am feeling really discouraged, I have been at a stand still for about a month. I have gotten into eating sweets agian :( I really need to quit it!!!! I have no support except for you all( and you are GREAT)Most of my classmates at Kaiser had the RNY and have lost all their weight and already getting plastic surgery!!! I am just really reaching out here, I am sad and I know I need to get back on track.....I have also really been pushing the exercise and still no weightloss??? i would appreciate any advise and encouragement. Thanks for listening!! Bridge27
I have put up a wall not to block others, but to see who loves me enough to
climb over it. 

KikiRox85
on 5/31/11 4:51 pm - CA
Wow. 160 pounds in almost a year. Thats awesome. Of coarse RNYers are going to lose faster than us Sleevers so dont stress about it. Its hard not to compare ourselves but we always do. I just remind myself how far Ive come and how Ill never be this weight again.
As for the stall... your bodies catching up. Keep doing what your doing and cut the sweets and youll break it for sure.
Take Care
Kiki

VSGbyACEVES
on 5/31/11 6:30 pm - UT
Dear Bridge27: congrats on the 160#s.
I am glad that you reached out because part of what we all are dealing with is how we USED TO deal with our feelings.  I am just about to write a post that has been perking in my head titled: there are no rewards in this lifetime for criticism--so please read that so I don't repeat myself here. After you read that it will make sense why you [and me] reaches for the sweet stuff because SUGAR is a sly dog.
You think you will feel better in the moment, but in reality it stops you from feeling your feelings....then... you get to feel the aftermath of regret and depression.

Let's face it, it is very hard to then work through that quackmire of mixed emotions. You are a very good personal coach to yourself and you know that eating sweets again has made your sad, pulled you off track, and no amount of exercise will get you out of this negative loop that you put yourself into when you got back into relationship with the enemy: SUGAR.  You know what to do. 
You know how to do it -- even if it means fighting that part of you that likes to see you suffer. 
Just know the suffering comes with the sugar consumption--and you do not need to suffer. Grab hold of yourself and give yourself the "what the hell are you doing" talk and start behaving yourself back into success. 

You can do it!

Cheers-Kate
dec721
on 6/1/11 12:25 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hi, Bridge -- I'm so sorry you are feeling discouraged.  Just think, though -- 160 pounds in a year!  That is a miracle!  Can you try to chill about the few pounds you have left?  They will come off when they are good and ready if you keep doing the right things: eating protein first, veggies second, a little bit of fruit and complex carbs when you have room, drinking water like a fish, moving your body ... and staying away from the sugar and junk carbs!!!!  I am hung up on that bit, because I got back into them about a year and a half post-op and have gained back 20 pounds.  They are the devil!  Get them out of your life, and you will feel so much better.  The craving for them will go away, and your weight should start to move again.

And just think (this is tacky, and I don't really mean it!), those RNY folks will start to regain their weight because their pouches will stretch, and you will still have your teeny tiny stomach doing its thing for you :-) 

Take care, and keep coming here so that we can support you....
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

byebyeburden
on 6/1/11 12:34 am
Try not to be discouraged, you lost 160lbs in less than a year...you should be celebrating.  The other posters are right, RNY pts are going to lose faster, but you can do it too.  You don't have to lose everything in one year...give your body time.

If you need to shake things up, then cut those yummy sweets out for 1 day, or 1 week or 1 month...see what you can do.  Try it really hard.  Say to yourself, I can do it....I don't need it...or put out some sugar free sweets instead.  Make some commitment to shake out of it.  Instead, enjoy all the yummy fresh fruits out there.  I had a chocolate sugar free pudding, with a small squirt of whipping cream and a handful of fresh rasberries last night, yummmy!  I had some watermellon over memorial day, it was so juicy...and I need water, so it was perfect. 

you can do it.  If you are pushing exercise, you are most likely building muscle....and that can make it seem like you are not losing but you are...and you are reving up your metabolism

hugs and good luck
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Bridge27
on 6/1/11 1:35 am
THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!!! I really needed all of your comments, advise and encouragement!! I feel like I can pick myself up now and brush off the negative and get back to the positive! !!! You all are the BEST!! Thanks soooo Much!!
All my best, Bridge27
I have put up a wall not to block others, but to see who loves me enough to
climb over it. 

Most Active