I am Sleeved!

LeslieKC
on 6/2/11 11:51 pm - KS
I am home and sleeved! Still in quite a bit of pain so I am staying on top of my liquid pain meds. Have been doing well on the sipping of water at room temp but my sleeve does not like anything else right now. I am sipping constantly and trying to walk every hour. My hubby and kids have been great helping me if I need something. Can't wait to shower later today. Think that might make me feel a little more human. Thanks for all your wonderful support!

01mojanet
on 6/2/11 11:57 pm
Wow I am so excited for you remember to sip, walk, and rest.  I am schedule to have mine on July 20.  congrats and keep updated. 
mamabear5
on 6/2/11 11:59 pm
Congrats on being sleeved!!!!  Glad your family is being helpful, that will make it much easier!  Hope you are pain free soon. 

mylastchance
on 6/3/11 12:23 am
Yay for you!  I will look forward to reading updates on your progress in the coming weeks and months.  Take care of your sleeve and it will take care of you. 
Welcome to our world.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Jenny C.
on 6/3/11 1:14 am
Congratulations!  Wishing you a quick recovery and smooth sailing on the path back to normal food.  I had trouble on the liquid and pureed stages--I was hungry and nothing that I could eat appealed to me.  If that happens to you (though it doesn't to most folks, it seems), remember that being hungry is not ANY sign that your sleeve won't work.  Now that I'm eating dense proteins, I am assured that my sleeve is working great!  Good losing to you!!!!
Jenny

KSqtpie
on 6/3/11 2:03 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
CONGRATS! I cant believe how fast time flies by. I was suprised to see that "I'm sleeved" was YOUR post. I guess I didn't realized your surgery date was coming up so fast. I am super happy for you!!! You will have to message me when you are feeling better and let me know all tha details since Dr Hoehn will be my surgeon too. I am waiting for my initial appt with hin, but have already started my 6mo diet for insurance purposes.

Good luck with your recovery. I know you will do great! Keep in touch!!!
tabbymom
on 6/3/11 1:17 pm - Lee's Summit, MO
I'm glad you're home and doing well.  You do need to get back on the protein shakes, though.  The first shower postop does feel great, especially cleaning off the yellow iodine residue.

I was very happy that I could tolerate ice water, since I really dislike the taste of warm water.  I drank about 12 oz of water in the first two hours after they said I could drink again, it felt so good because of the dry mouth from the anti-nausea patch.
Lori    5'2", HW 240, SW 207, lost 18 lb on the preop liquid diet, CW 168

LeslieKC
on 6/4/11 9:42 am - KS
Thank you! I have been able to get down about a half of a protein shake today and about a Tbsp of applesauce along with my water. I am so nauseous right now that I don't dare try to eat more. The pain is better so I am very thankful for that. I am amazed that I don't feel the slightest bit hungry. If I can just get past the nausea and get some more protein in me I can get my energy level back up and be productive!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 46 views