1 More Week of mushies then introducing new foods?

SweetiePea
on 6/3/11 9:44 am - IA
Well had my check-up yesterday and lost a total of 14 pounds since pre-op. Those that know me my process went pretty quick. Only had one week of pre-op diet. It's been a total of 3 weeks (two after my surgery) and the surgeon told me I'm way ahead schedule. I'm getting all my protien and liquids in with no problem while eating creamy soups and cottage cheese (mushed up). Then he tells me after another week of the mushie diet to try introducing new foods into my diet except chicken and red meat.

Can you share your story so I can guage what to expect?

Happy sleeving!!
Height - 4'10"

LittleMissSunshine
on 6/3/11 9:59 am
Wow, your surgeon moves you through the phases fast! 

I'm on full liquids until this coming Thursday, then I can start mushies a week from today and am on those until week 8.  Week 9 through 12 I can do soft foods... I don't get to start introducing regular food until I'm 4 months out.

No advice on what to expect, but definitely interested to hear about your experience with it... good luck!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

SweetiePea
on 6/3/11 10:32 am - IA
No kidding! I'm hesitant though...think I'm going to be safe with mushies for awhile at least another couple of weeks. Don't see him till first week of July anyway.
Height - 4'10"

Elaine2
on 6/3/11 10:45 am, edited 6/3/11 10:47 am - Atlanta, GA
On June 3, 2011 at 5:32 PM Pacific Time, SweetiePea wrote: No kidding! I'm hesitant though...think I'm going to be safe with mushies for awhile at least another couple of weeks. Don't see him till first week of July anyway.
  I would start with the soft proteins like scallops, shrimp, talapia (see a theme here?). Eggs of course. I would also overcook your veggies.
I suggest you introduce one new item at a time. Easier to identify if something doesn' t work well.  I found I had a problem with tomato based items...probably due mostly to reflux. I try it again occasionally just to see if there's an improvement (not yet)

Good luck.

SweetiePea
on 6/3/11 11:14 am - IA
Thanks for the suggestion Elaine! I'm a huge veggie eater...was a vegetarian till I moved back to Texas for my mother to find a girl that looked like I was dead. LOL! Before the surgery I just ate mainly chicken and fish.

Height - 4'10"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views