Sleeved on Wendesday, home on Thursday, finally posting on Friday

stephkd
on 6/3/11 5:24 am - Columbus, OH
Overall, the pain isn't too bad, and is well-controlled by the Rx meds or OTC Tylenol. The biggest problem I have is not being able to take a deep breath! I should have realized that would happen, since I had the same effect when I had my gallbladder out in '85 (open surgery back then - no laparoscopy). Am trying to squelch yawns, burps, etc., 'cause each one causes a twinge.

One good news -- the shoulder pain has diminished considerably in the last two days!.

Now if I could just manage to turn over in bed, I could sleep muuuuch easier!

Hang in there all my sleeve sisters!
Karen--SOOOO tired of living life on the sidelines!
HW = 308              PSW = 285  (Program Start Weight - what's on my ticker)
SW = 268              GW = 150 (highest end of normal BMI)

Bigasiangirl
on 6/3/11 5:30 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
 Hey there! 

Me too, I got home yesterday and didn't have much gas pains but I was severely nauseous.  I think it had to do with the anesthesia wearing off because I haven't thrown up all day today.  

I totally know what you mean about taking deep breaths.  It hurts me too.  Did they send you home with one of those breathing apparatus?  I had to bring one home with me and I hate using it.  

So glad we are both on the other side doing well.  

stephkd
on 6/3/11 5:43 am - Columbus, OH
They had one of those spirometer thingies in my hospital room, but no one ever said anything about it! I used it a few times, but didn't bring it home. I've been coughing a bit too, but that's normal after lying flat on your back for a couple of days.

Am having trouble getting all the fluids/protein in, because all I really want to do is snooze!

Karen--SOOOO tired of living life on the sidelines!
HW = 308              PSW = 285  (Program Start Weight - what's on my ticker)
SW = 268              GW = 150 (highest end of normal BMI)

Eula "Evie" R.
on 6/3/11 6:55 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi Girls,
Hang in there girls. This will be like a dream. I had surgery April 20. Walking really does help. It is still hard for me to get all the liquids in, protein is better. I am just going to tell you a few bad mistakes I made. First I ate meat before I was to eat it. I had never been so sick in my like, ended up in the ER. Another thing that I am still having problems with that laided me in the ER is not eating slow and stop eating and drinking when you get full. My Dr. told me when you upset your stomach like that, you have to start all over again, liquids the whole bit, I have had to do this. Just take it easy be good to you and welcome on the bench.
Got Bless
Evie

LynMac35
on 6/3/11 7:33 am, edited 6/3/11 7:34 am

Glad you made it through and are HOME!!

The spirometer is to help you take deep breaths so you don't get pneumonia in the lower portions of your lungs. It hurts, but it's important over the next week to cough, take deep breaths, etc. I can't believe they didn't address this in the hosp. I had a pulmonologist stop by my bed several times in the hosp. and make sure I was using that darn thing! :)

Also, I used a small pillow to hold over my stomach to sneeze or cough - that helped keep the pain down to a tolerable level.

HW 355/ Pre-Liquid Diet 324/DOS 311/Current 212/Goal 140
jmyersking
on 6/4/11 12:24 am - Davenport, IA
Glad you made it home okay.

Sleeping, the best way I found was to curl up with a pillow on both sides. 

HW: 260 SW: 245 CW:120.5  Surgery Date: 6/1/11
2 wks: -14.5
2 Months: -25  
3 Months -11
4 Months -14.5
5 Months -11.5
6 Months -5.5
7 Months -12
8 Months -8.5
9 Months -3
10 Months -5
11 Months 4.5